1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sportback DSG problems

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by playford, Oct 31, 2013.

1. playford

playford New Member

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and I have an issue with my '07 A3 Sportback DSG that has done about 65000 miles.

We have started having this issue when driving the car in auto it does want to change to the next gear when it used to. It used to change gear around 2000 revs and be very smooth. Now, I could be driving on the motorway at 70mph in 3rd gear, sometimes 4th.
    It seems to be ok when in manual mode and sport but just a little heavier in the gear changes.
    I've had the car in with my local mechanic who has hooked it up to 3 PC's but didn't get any errors and he has seen the problem first-hand as well. The mechanic did have a last thought that it could need a gearbox oil change but wasn't sure.

Has anyone ever had this happen to their car or might know what could be up I would be very grateful for the help.

Thanks
    Mark
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Welcome to the site.

Has it ever had a gearbox oil change as yet, if not then that's not good, should be done every 40k max tbh to maintain the box & electronics.

Also at same time box oil is done then calibration should be done, which maybe will help the issue.

Whereabouts are you located?
  3. playford

playford New Member

Thanks for the quick reply

I'm located in Dunfermline, Scotland. I'll go and have look in the services book as I bought the car with 50k on the clock

Mark
  4. playford

playford New Member

Checked the history, the garage I bought the car off did the second service at 44k and didn't change the oil before selling it to me.

Do you think this could be the issue?

Thanks
    Mark
  5. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Damn it should be changed yes & if no record then get it done "properly" asap & if not using audi, make sure they calibrate it fully after oil changed, also make sure they get oil upto heat & check with vcds or the like to make sure its ready to be changed, aswell as the filter.