SPORT V S LINE

Lol I don't wish, I'm just curious.

I know for sure that a Sport is 20mm lower than an SE - but I've never heard of a S-Line being 5mm lower than a Sport before, so I'm interested to know that if it's what you're saying.

When ordering my Eibach setup, Awesome gti said that eibach list's 3 type's and told me that the s-line factory spring's are 25mm lower than a SE.
as standard so i will require (then give's me the part number). I then asked will the car be any lower with the Eibach kit, Yes they said and on fitting the new kit the car is now lower than standard s-line setup.

@ BKZ187 - for a moment there I thought the guy who bought my old car had sold it to you already....mind you, I hear he's smashed it already....:crying:.

Im curious now to know whether the Sline is 5mm lower than the sport or maybe the sport is 25mm lower than SE after all :think:

We will have to go back to the old day's when we used see how many finger's we could get between the tyre and the arch, before and after lowering
lol

Im curious now to know whether the Sline is 5mm lower than the sport or maybe the sport is 25mm lower than SE after all :think:

According to Audi data, the Sport is deffo 20mm lower than the SE - but I've never heard that before about the S-Line being lower still, interesting....! There's no mention of it in my S-Line brochure.

Yes 25mm lower. I have a question to those who have added the s-line kit's or badges to there car's, why not just buy the real deal as they are at an affordable price range now..

Don't want the running costs of a quattro.
just the s-line looks !!!

I was parked next to an sline the other day and there was no difference in height at all.

i have toi say i have a sport and when refubing some wheels yesterday on an a4 se i put them side by side and you do really have to look
to see if its lower. the only thing i could see was the wheels being closer to the wheel archis. but not by much im thinking the sport and s.line
may well be 20mm lower but i think where it counts most is it will be stiffer as well as 20mm lower as the owner said he had an s.line before
but did not like the drive :shrug:

S-Line = styling.... the underlying hardware is the same as the Sport, identical suspension setup (stiffer and lower than the SE).

Yes 25mm lower. I have a question to those who have added the s-line kit's or badges to there car's, why not just buy the real deal as they are at an affordable price range now..

Because i wanted fwd diesel for economy and possibly towing

ok I see now. You know it's not a (s-line) but want it to look like a s-line, it's all clear now.

S Line was only offically offered for the 1.8T run out model (190BHP). Cosmetically apart from the bumpers and door blades, it had RS6 style 18" alloys. and some interior changes including door sill plates embossed 'S Line' and a perforated leather steering wheel with 'S Line' badge and perforated leather gear knob.

The B6 Sport models that came out in 2004 where offered with the quattro GmbH kit as a no cost option which consisted of front and rear bumper and door blades akin to the 'S Line'. We all just refer to it as S Line kit as it's effectively the same thing, the diesel's just have hidden exhausts. :blahblah1:

So if your car is a 2004 model the body kit will be factory fitted if it's prior to this time it could have been retrofitted. What year is your car Scott B?

I have this model but my steering wheel doesnt have s line on it.

Steve Wiles thats like me mate mine is 100% sport but i did like the badges on the s.line but i cut them down from the l in line so i have the s and about 1/2 of the silver bit so it now looks good but its still just a sport as its just the s hmmmmmmmmmm where did the smiles go on here cant find them lol

Steve Wiles thats like me mate mine is 100% sport but i did like the badges on the s.line but i cut them down from the l in line so i have the s and about 1/2 of the silver bit so it now looks good but its still just a sport as its just the s hmmmmmmmmmm where did the smiles go on here cant find them lol

i bought a spare badge so i might do that and put it on the bootlid

just cut it on the L use that as your line ;-)

Hi should you find a genuine s-line sport 190 should it be on the log book to say that it a s-line?

id say so mine says its a sport on my log book

I cut down my s line badges and stuck them back on, not the best pics off my phone

27072010189.jpg

27072010188.jpg

and now your not making it some thing its not but still got the best part of the badge just like me ;-)

Glad I read all these posts. I am not alone then having just fitted the s-line sticker to the rear doors.

I have an 04 plate 1.8T FWD 163ps Avant Limited Edition. Mine too was an Audi demonstrator (bexley I think) which has the same S-line bodykit treatment.

Not sure if I'm going to debadge the A4 & 1.8T from the boot or not !!

The missing red T kinda contradicts the S-line badges if u know what I
Mean? Wish it was a 190 quattro T.

But I still love her as she is though!

Whadya think ?

Glad I read all these posts. I am not alone then having just fitted the s-line sticker to the rear doors.

I have an 04 plate 1.8T FWD 163ps Avant Limited Edition. Mine too was an Audi demonstrator (bexley I think) which has the same S-line bodykit treatment.

Whadya think ?

A nice remap will get you close to the 190 bhp. I had miy 190 re-maped and am a happy bunny now............. Until next year stage 2.

Whadya think ?

de badge it on the back looks good i think i did it but then just put the s from an s4 on the back looks ok with just the s on it

A nice remap will get you close to the 190 bhp. I had miy 190 re-maped and am a happy bunny now............. Until next year stage 2.

Sorry to go off topic but what sort of figures are you getting now and are you finding you get much more torque lower down the rev range? I have a 190 and I'm up for a remap in a couple of months or so. I'm really after more torque as much as anything else. Which map is yours?

Sorry to go off topic but what sort of figures are you getting now and are you finding you get much more torque lower down the rev range? I have a 190 and I'm up for a remap in a couple of months or so. I'm really after more torque as much as anything else. Which map is yours?

Most of what you get is more torque at lower revs...

GrayT You will be blown away on how your car feel's after having the Remap. My car has not been on the roller's yet but it pull's like a train in 6th.
My advice is make sure your car is logged by the tuner first just to make sure all is well. Bill aka Badger5 (forum member) done mine and logged the car on the open road before the remap and again after remap. After the remap i new i had to pull the triger and buy the S/Steel exhaust and 200 cell cat to aid the new map. I have had a new clutch and flywheel also. I will put the car on the roller's soon .

That's good to know. Bill had a good reputation on SCN too. AmD is nearer to me, they do before and after plots and check all is good first. I know one or too were disappointed with some of their figures but they advise me returns are pretty consistent (increase to about 225) provided things are right. Clutch anf flywheel is getting into serious money and I was advised the standard should be within accepted tolerances. Only thing really advised was uprated diverter valve to hold boost better. I do like the car and it outperforms my toledo V5 but the thing I miss is torque lower down. I would rather not drive like a boy racer to get the performance so i think a remap is the way to go. Cheers for the info.

Ive always said that the torque (especially low down) is much more important than the top BHP!
I had the 100cel sports cat and Miltek and soon as I had that fitted I was Buzzing.Made such a difference. I went with the Forge valve to as the 710N's kept causing me ballache and not working to there potential but still went through 3 diaphrams on the forge..
Go Hyperboost if you going to upgrade the DV!

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what mine is for definite please?
It's a 03. The code in the owners manual says S-line,S-line badges only on rear doors,S-line kick plates, half leather interior, 3 spoke leather steering wheel,brushed aluminium dash and door inserts, ambiance lighting and puddle lights.
No S-line body kit and it's the 163bhp engine.

Will be a SPORT model on a 03

Thanks for reply.
I've always thought it's a sport.
How come S-line is on owners manual, doors and door sills?????

whats on your log book kev1000 thats what counts plus the 163 is a sport for defo on 03.....

lots of people buy these 52-53 model sports being told they are slines when they arnt im affraid seems a big loop hole in the sales market causing people to be loosing out

How come S-line is on owners manual, doors and door sills?????

Doors and sills are retro-fit badges I expect.

What do you mean by owners manual? My manual makes no reference to specific models, maybe it's an ebay replacement.

All S-Lines are 190bhp.

All B6 S-Line's are 190bhp BEX engine Code . 18" Alloys. 5 arm rs6 wheel's . 6 speed box. Red " TURBO" on plastic engine cover.

hmm, just seems a bit odd that S-line is stamped on various parts before S-line ever existed.

Just have a look at your logbook it should state S-Line. This topic pops up every so often and I still make's grin Like James said a few post back so many people have bought what they thought was a 100% real deal S-Line to find out it's a Sport.. The sport is still a fantastic bit of kit and will take very well to tuning .

Last edited: