Sport Pack

Z82

Reaction score
Website
www.nosmodified.com
I have a 1996 2.6 Quattro which apparently had the Sport Pack.
Does anyone know what all the Sport Pack adds?
I know its been lowered a fair bit but by how much and I think the steering wheel is different and possibly the seats??

[ QUOTE ]
Sports Seats
Suspension
Steering Wheel
16" Alloys
Maybe Aluminium Interior Finishings

I think these are the usuals

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahh cool. Theres no aluminium trim on the interior tho and it has a set of non standards 18" wheels but think the spare is a 16" right enough.

Do you know what suspension is fitted on the Sport Pack?

[ QUOTE ]
Not too sure matey, i think you get, centre arm rest, electric rear windows and folding rear seats in the se?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont have any of that and its not an SE

Ah, so mine is an SE then great! it has all of those features!

I've got an A4 with the sport pack and in addition to Phantom's post, my car has the leather steering wheel and handbrake.

Think that's about it.

well mine is an se, no folding rear seat, no arm rest and no rear leccy windows.
however it does have alu trim and sport suspention, but doesnt have the seats or steering wheel.

think mine is just a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif up model.

Was sport suspention available as an extra?

I think the sport suspension came as part of the "sport pack". I've got the original brochure that was around when the car was new, i'll dig it out and have a look.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, yours is not an SE. Yours is 2.8 Quattro.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, yours is not an SE. Yours is 2.8 Quattro.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it is an SE, The insurance comanies have 2.8 Quattro SE and 2.8 Quattro sport on their systems.

[ QUOTE ]
Arggg one of my rear shocks is making a hell of a noise but with it being non standard I dunno what 1 to get :-/

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, I think the general opinion is that the shocks are the same for sport and standard suspension as the drop isn't huge. Also, when looking for shocks on German ebay, I found some Bilsteins which were for standard, or were suitable for a drop of up to 40mm.
Hope this helps.

Thats assuming mine is the sport as im still not sure. A VW mechanic did my anti-roll bar bushes last week and the first thing he said when he stuck his head under the car was "holly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif this things well low". I didnt think it was that low but hey what do i know.