1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sport edition specification

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by steve bain, Jan 5, 2011.

1. steve bain

steve bain Member

[Jan 5, 2011]
    Ok, so I have just found out the Audi i'm picking up tonight is a 'sport spec'. Now I think this means it has side skirts, trim under bumpers and is lowered a bit as standard as well as have a badge on the back which looks a bit like the S3 badge. Is there anything else? It is a T-reg 1.8T. It has much more huggy seats than my old SE also. It has a s/s exhaust too which i guess was part of the package?

any help appreciated, just interested to know more about what i have bought!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. DaveA3

DaveA3 Audi A-Trizzle!

[Jan 5, 2011]
    the exhaust and badge are stuff a previous owner has done themselves theyre not part of the sport.

all ive noticed is it sits slightly lower than normal (5-10mm) not a great deal in it. im sure someone else will clarify further
  4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Jan 5, 2011]
    lower and stiffer, probably different wheels from SE spec, as well as proper seats and nicer interior (steering wheel etc) is the usual sport fare.

No badge or exhaust though.
  5. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

[Jan 5, 2011]
    Sport had onboard computer (DIS) , 16" alloys, lowered i think? different chequered seats unless they were configured to leather..... SE didnt have a great deal IIRC and looked ***** in comparison, also dont think they did a 1.8T SE
  6. steve bain

steve bain Member

[Jan 5, 2011]
    that all makes sense. My old SE was not the 1.8T. The one i am looking at doesn't have the badge on the back, that was a guess of what should be there :) it does seem lower and has 16's too. I think it had a DIS too. I can't remember really, the dials were different to my old SE...far more warning lights on! :)The seats inside are chequered like you say but need replacing sadly so it looks like not much gained from it being a 'sport' then as they will be replaced with what ever comes up at the right price. The exhaust needs replacing too really but will do for now. All in all i am not really making my new purchase sound that good am I? strange thing is the interior is red chequer and outside car is bright purple. Bit of a clash of colours!
  7. dany2k

dany2k Member

[Jan 6, 2011]
    ive seen that colour combo before: may seem strange, but beats the mk3 golf colour concepts with neon green paintwork and leathers!
  8. jay1601

jay1601 Well-Known Member

[Jan 6, 2011]
    my sport has a full leather interior, 16" alloys, DIS
  9. gavin89

gavin89 Wana go Low gotta go Slow

[Jan 6, 2011]
    DIS is only available on the 1.8T in UK market. There is no 1.8T SE as all 1.8T were only available in SPORT trim.