sport button - exhaust valve/flap

PopGun

Reaction score
Should the sport button make the exhaust valve stay open at ALL times when pushed on?
My valve when sport button is on has now decided to close when I'm in traffic and it changes into 2nd in D mode.
Car drops into 1st gear and valve than reopens. Is this normal?
My understanding is the valve should remain open all the time when s button pressed.

Drive in Manual Mode.....no problems.

I would hazard a guess it analyses your speed, revs etc etc & decides if it needs to be open all the time then, I can see the logic tbh, doesnt mean its working as it should be, but certainly a test, by another owner, would be good for others to know if it is or not.

It does seem to work that way. When you come to a stop slowly you can hear it open again when you idle, perfectly normal.

Thanks Ryes3.

I also found this regarding RS4 flaps.
forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?t=93014

Thanks Ryes3.

I also found this regarding RS4 flaps.
forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?t=93014

Thank you for this, my RS3 was doing the same thing and I though something was wrong but having looked into it, and the comments above from RYes3 it seems to make sense as it opens again on idle

wish there was a way of preventing it... makes it sound like there is something wrong with it when you come to a stop followed by a metallic clunk of the flap closing... when in 'S' I want it open! STFU ECU :tearsofjoy: