Spoiler spraying

TimG

Reaction score
My S3 spoiler arrived today, but will need a colour change as its from a white car ...

Whilst I am quite handy with spraying bits, a spoiler is in a very visible place, so I might get it done professionally.

Just wondering how much have people paid for painting? I am more than happy to fit it myself.

DSC06213_zpsf2e5862d.jpg

I paid £50 just painted from blue to black

£100 is acceptable imho for a proper job.

I got mine sprayed and fitted from silver to black for £100 a few weeks ago, this included bonding it to the tailgate for me.

Am I right to think that as the current paint on the spoiler is in excellent condition, (from a 2011 car!) the prep part would be easy as no primer would be needed? Just key the surface with scotchbrite or 800 grit paper and apply a topcoat (colour) followed by laquer?

I was quoted £60 to have mine sprayed and fitted, but that wasn't by the most "professional" looking outfit.
As said above, for a proper job I would say closer to the £100 mark.

My £50 jobby turned out perfect. Same guy i've used for my diffuser, splitter & rear bumper.
But as Ads said, this place isn't professional looking either, its 1 guy in an industrial unit. Family have always used him, price is better than everyone else and he does a cracking job.
Not much use to you on the South cosat though.....

DSC03145_zps708a7bb1.jpg

Looks good mate! I need to locate somebody like that in the Southampton area!