1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spoiler flew off! opps

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_xlux, Nov 15, 2004.

1. imported_xlux

imported_xlux Guest

[Nov 15, 2004]
    This is embaressing but i thought i would share it and make you guys chuckle.

My new S3 spoiler arrived sprayed and ready to fit. My dad removed the bolts and then proceeded to stick it to the Audi using industrial tape! Now i immediately said its not strong enough but dads know best!! So on it goes wobbly as hell! Im doing 80 mph up a dual carriageway racing a 106 and 'bang' off comes the spoiler straight under the pug and i floor it with my tail between my legs literally!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

So dad is buying me a new one and im wondering what you guys use to fit it!!!! im not making that mistake again hehe
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 28, 2014]

3. Markb

Markb Active Member

[Nov 15, 2004]
    You want to be using Stikkaflex the same as what bodyshops use /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  4. foolish3uk

foolish3uk Member

[Nov 15, 2004]
    its good stuff and sticks very well!!
  5. imported_Tariq

imported_Tariq Guest

[Nov 15, 2004]
    how much are those spoilers for?
  6. imported_xlux

imported_xlux Guest

[Nov 15, 2004]
    Well i paid £60 for mine fully sprayed and postage from ebay..
    but that was flooky

ive just ordered one now from ebay £69 delivered not sprayed ( but i dont mind now dad is paying!)
  7. recomdos

recomdos Member

[Nov 15, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    xlux said:
    Well i paid £60 for mine fully sprayed and postage from ebay..
    but that was flooky

ive just ordered one now from ebay £69 delivered not sprayed ( but i dont mind now dad is paying!)

[/ QUOTE ]

u sure it's an S3 OEM spoiler? that sounds too good to be true! and if so let me know the sellers details!

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
  8. imported_xlux

imported_xlux Guest

[Nov 15, 2004]
    opps no sorry its a looky liky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif soory i keep calling it S3 spoiler i mean it should be replica hehe woopsie
  9. recomdos

recomdos Member

[Nov 15, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    xlux said:
    opps no sorry its a looky liky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif soory i keep calling it S3 spoiler i mean it should be replica hehe woopsie

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - no worries.....but drat! I was getting excited /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    so what model is ur A3 then?

Rob
  10. imported_xlux

imported_xlux Guest

[Nov 15, 2004]
    1.8 T Sport mmm mmm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif i wanted an S3 but money is tight i still love her though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif better than my 1.4 206 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[censored].gif
  11. recomdos

recomdos Member

[Nov 15, 2004]
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif