Spoiler 8L: Could this be of good quality?

Dennis Moeller

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.de/FRONTSTOssSTANGE-FRONTSCHURZE-AUDI-A3-8L-IM-TT-Style_W0QQitemZ230088491384QQihZ013QQcategoryZ40202QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Been really hooked on getting one of these for a long time. Really like the look - this is the only single front bumper for the 8L that actually looks the stuff...I know a lot out there thinks it's really discusting, me I like it:yes:

But too my question...GFK (the material) what is that? Good quality and fitting? It has TüV so it must be OK and at least fit nearly perfect won't it?

thx in advance.

Not sure on the material, but it looks a bit cak IMO!! (and I like gold whels ***!!)

But if you like it fella, go for it. Oh and TUV just means it wont kill people if you run them down, not that its neccessarily any good quality wise!

hehe...gold wheels are nice!

Ok, so TüV means that...I see.

Well I been searching high and low after somesome who actually bought the plastic bumper (or what it is it's made of) but no luck so far.

My guess is that GFK stands for something like Glass Fibre Komponent but I'm not sure...I would prefer something ABS plastic like the standard bumpers...

Was opting for the RS4 bumper from one or two of the major manufacturers but "everyother" A3 8L has some kind of that variation...haven't seen anyone with this type of singleframe bumper...

Ok thanks for the answer anyway!!:thumbsup:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

please please do not do that to your car, please!!!!!!!

haha...well haven't bought it yet. will see if I can find out more about it first...
but I was like you at first...now it's grown on me...
think it's just about right on a dark car.
paint the chromed grill sorrounding black as well.

Taste is like the.."..." - divided in two

TUV is the a german type approval, "TUV Gepruft" means its deemed safe for use etc, buitl to an agreed quality etc. But it does not mean its top quality wise, necessarily! Most stuff is, but a non structural part like that, may not be of the best quality of final finish..? Ask yourself how much it is, in GBP equiv....£170? It includes all the grill etc, so how good can it realsitically be...? Would you get an oem spec bumper for that here....? And do they sell lots like Audi do...?

I'd be wary of it is you are after a top quality item you just fit in 30 mins, prime and paint. I suspect its GRP, and as such will need a fair bit of finishing to get it looking ok for a car. Many GRP parts will "fisheye" or "pinhole" later when you paint them, hell, my PU Votex VW accessory roof spoiler on my golf took three goes of paintto look ok!!
I think the it would be "PU" for plastic, not seen GKR before.

On that ad you can inspect the TUV ceertificate, have a look and see what it says?

So if it takes an extra 3 hours to fit and prep it for paint, that's another £100 to start with.

If you like it go for it, but dont expect it to be audi / VAG quality. Like most aftermarket stuff, its boud to need a bit of work to get it to fit and look ok. A closer look shows the big void in the middle is paint, a la Golf GTI mk5. I think done in body colour it would look ok, at least its a bit different i suppose!!

Have a go for it fella, if its a bit cak when you get it, stick it on the bay, you'll get most of it back I am sure!

>simch

youre so right...exactly what I've been thinking. COULD look OK (especially with the part in the middle in the colour of the car and the grill sorroundings in matt black (i have black rims too)) but could also look ***** and be a lot of work to get right...

hmmm will see if I can find out more from their support desk...

It's cheap yes, but it's manufactured and sold in Germany, if it's just half as good as some bumpers (well worth twice the amount) I've seen it's worth the money IMO
Also you would have to add some 40 or 50 euros for the weaponmesh (and extra to that if you want the foggies)

All who answered: appreciate the help!

Looking at the close up picture I'd say the shut lines of the bonnet aren't square..???? If they cant get it quite right for the publicity shots it makes you wonder.

I like it, but you'll need to source some matching side skirts and a rear bumper for it all to look decent :D

@ Sinny71

You're right it doesn't look as if the shutlines are square...hmmm...as you mention; why wouldn't they make this absolutely perfect for their demo?

@ I think I would buy some skirts and the S3 8L rear bumper but this is further up the road moneywise...

Well I have two think twice about it as this piece is gonna set me back quite considerably ie buying, shipping, VAT, adjusting, sanding, priming, paint, RS4 plastic pieces in the grill etc....too much money if it's a crap bumper.