1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Split Pipe, But dont no the name of pipe! sounds like I have A Dump Valve!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by VTI_EG_DAN, Feb 27, 2009.

1. VTI_EG_DAN

VTI_EG_DAN Member

[Feb 27, 2009]
    Hey all,

well my engine managment light has just come on! :( so thought I would have a look, and it sound like air is coming out of this pipe, also if u move it, the air sound is louder! so im guessing it is split!

here are some pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sounds like it has a dump valve at moment and is a bit hessitant,

could some one tell me what the pipe is please so i can order a new one

Cheers Dam
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. themanthatcan

themanthatcan Member VCDS Map User

[Feb 27, 2009]
    That's one of your PCV pipes, and it should have a part number printed on it somewhere.

Bear in mind though that you may need to have to buy a whole handful of pipes, not just the one you're after. Audi tend to sell them in kits; when one of my PCV pipes under the inlet manifold split(the one your pipe plumbs into) I had to buy this little lot at a cost of £70:

[​IMG]
  4. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

[Feb 27, 2009]
    give Audi a call and check the pricing, i personally would see where the break is and maybe cut a lil bit off and resecure with a jubilee clip...depending on how far down it is
  5. VTI_EG_DAN

VTI_EG_DAN Member

[Feb 28, 2009]
    ok thanks guys, goin to get my mate to have alook tomorrow, its really drinkin fuel at moment aswel! i guess thats cz of this?
  6. G's S3 silver 2001

G's S3 silver 2001 New Member

[Feb 28, 2009]
    Common problem, I've had the same hose split twice on my S3. I understand that there is a lot of boost pressure going through this hoses especially if your car has been mapped they'll tend to split. Best bet is to go to yor local dealer and they should kindly have a look at it. They'll usually have the replacement part by the next day if its not in stock. in the mean time dont drive on boost. Hope this helps.:thumbsup:
  7. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

[Feb 28, 2009]
    also good advice although i suggested check if you can do a fix yourself as dealers notoriously charge for a set of pipes, 90% of which you wouldnt need replacing - sledge hammer fix, why not replace the engine too:beerchug:
  8. Ibzzzzz

Ibzzzzz Member

[Feb 28, 2009]
    ^^for the saturday morning humor^^ Only you Tim!
  9. VTI_EG_DAN

VTI_EG_DAN Member

[Feb 28, 2009]
    thanks for help guys, goin up to my mates garage in a minute to take them off and see which one it is! and try to fix it, if not im off to audi to get a new one! would be handy if they did have it in stock! will let you know how I get on!
  10. VTI_EG_DAN

VTI_EG_DAN Member

[Feb 28, 2009]
    right had it off, and it is split in 4 places! so pretty buggered! just been to audi now and ordered a new one along with the clips! only £17 including clips, so not bad at all! should be able to pick it up on tuesday!
  11. Andy_S3

Andy_S3 Member VCDS Map User

[Feb 28, 2009]
    Fingers crossed thatll sort it mate! Although the bad fuel consumption may be due to the fact youre still in the honeymoon phase! :racer: