1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPITTING FEATHERS - £14 to change a rear number plate bulb

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S3Lol, Jun 2, 2011.

1. S3Lol

S3Lol Member

I swear, I nearly swung for the guy behind the desk at the audi garage this morning.

Car was in to replace 2 coil packs under warranty, and they said they would give a free health check at the same time. The rear bulb needed replacing (which was done about 3 months ago), and I though a £5 max (£2 for bulb, few quid to fit).

He came back with the invoice stating £13.95. I told them charging £12 for replacing a bulb wasnt justified as its just a case of screw driver, unclip, fit bulb push back in. He said the minimum they could charge is 0.1 of an hours labour. Asked for a discount but they declined.

Then he had the audacity to say the cost was justified because they gave me a free health check. I was only there to get new coil packs to replace the faulty ones!! Plus, this health check came back with everything on green, although my wishbone bushes are knackered, knocking and need replacing (powerflex to be ordered shortly), as per the MOT advisory 10 months ago. When I asked him about it, he said that the car would be fine and the technician didnt find anything wrong with the bushes.

So frustrating....ggrrrrrrr...live and learn

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. S3 TAM

S3 TAM Pocket now empty

That takes the the Pi** mate. I would of told them to take the bulbs out and stick it....

4. S3Lol

S3Lol Member

I did, twice, and they refused on both occasions

5. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

why did you hand over any money then dude?

Robbing bastards!

6. Speedy Steve

Speedy Steve Active Member

Never trust a stealer!

7. S3Lol

S3Lol Member

Because he had my keys :(

8. pj123

pj123 Member

I had one of the free audi MOTs, all they found was a sidelight that wasn't bright enough. Quoted £41 to fix including the 61p sidelight bulb. Also got pretty annoyed so went to the parts desk, bought bulb and then fitted it. Gave the keys back within 5 minutes and the guy told me that I'd need to book the car in again for a recheck. Needless to say I didn't leave until they gave me my MOT certificate!

9. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Did you ask them for the price of the swap, did you authorise the work?

10. LD3

LD3 Member

Audi Dealer I get parts from fitted bits for free..the odd drink works wonders I find

11. L1 HCS

L1 HCS Active Member

Around 2004 I took my car in to Sinclairs to get the brake light switch changed. It took them ages and when I went to pick it up they were expecting me to pay £75!!! My ex flipped and demanded them to explain the charges and said it doesn't take all day to change a switch and we certainly won't be paying that. Then made them pull the switch back out (which took seconds) and put the fkd one back. It was a laugh.

12. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Yes but if it had take all day you'd have a bill 10 x that amount hey girl & tbh thats probably there minimum charge back then plus part I assume.

13. L1 HCS

L1 HCS Active Member

Tis shocking eh!