1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spilt 2 stroke mix?

willnabby May 3, 2008

1. willnabby

willnabby RS-one day soon!!

I spilt a bit of 2 stroke mower engine mix on the kitchen floor yesterday & it's got in the grout and stinks:faint:, does anyone have any suggestions how to get rid of the smell? I've tried scrubbing in washing up liquid , & also a bit of white spirit to try and break down the oil but still whiffs, suggestions welcome.

2. Jacko4130

Jacko4130 Goodie Gum Drops

Sand?

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

What about oil absorbent granules to try and draw the petrol/oil out of the grout? Maybe have to leave on over night to work. I'm sure it will lessen over time anyway. Not sure about the nagging tho .......

4. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

We use spillsorb (the absorbant granules) at work but they never pick up 100% of any spillages.

5. unkle

unkle Beer God

Erm maybe washing up liquid to break it down then cat litter to soak it up afterwards?

6. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

It will fade, when i rebuilt my sons moped in the kitchen, i had a similar problem. I cleaned what i could and then left a door open for as long as i could,it faded as time went by