1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spi vision headlights

T3nnant May 31, 2013

1. T3nnant

T3nnant Active Member

Cheap but cheerful mod today,
    the front end was looking a bit mixed up with the black grille but silver lights.

I wanted aftermarket but instead of paying £230+ i opted for a £10 jobby.

pics do the talking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Must admit im very impressed

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

I'd be very wary of this, as I seem to recall reading some mot notes on items attached to headlights that would affect the light output, maybe wise to have a read up of mot rules, so as to not cause yourself some grief.

3. T3nnant

T3nnant Active Member

Thanks,
    iv also heard this, i was assured by the dealer who sold i that i wouldnt have a problem as its meant to be 100% road legal.

This stuff has the holes in it, up close its like a honey comb mesh but from a far it looks all black.

4. Macdoon

Macdoon Well-Known Member Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Audi A4 S-line owners group

Where did you get it from fella

5. Molnboman

Molnboman Well-Known Member

I can see why you would want to do that from a styling point of view. Do you notice a reduction in light being cast from the headloghts as a result? I need all the light i can get up here, specially in the winter so i need to be careful what I stick on the fronts.CheersA

6. T3nnant

T3nnant Active Member

I got it from Vehicle Light Tinting, Headlight Tints | SPi Vision mate

i would have went for lights but iv heard a few start to melt or the beam isnt correct so id rather go for the cheaper simpler option.
    Light seems perfectly normal mate!
    No change as i can see, apart from looking tinted
    well worth the price so far

Could also work as a cool window tint if anyone dared to try hah

Macdoon likes this.
  7. Molnboman

Molnboman Well-Known Member

Yep, I think it may be a good idea to avoid the retro fitted lights....I have read a lot of feedback that although they look good, they don't necessarily perform as well as oem, and therefore that's the reason why I am out!
    That stuff looks ok to me and well worth a tenner. How did it go on....do you use heat and stretch it like standard vinyl wrap?

Cheers
    A

8. B_FUR

B_FUR Active Member Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Very nice mate had mine done while back with covex (same thing). Looks spot on

Attached Files:

9. Abb

Abb Member

Have had mine done with lamin x for the past year, just passed MOT again! Looking good fella.

10. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

That's very strange, as I read this in an mot document aswell, maybe the tester was blind lmao, anyway who cares, there problem not yours.

11. T3nnant

T3nnant Active Member

Looks awesome on yours mate, love it!

Glad to hear someone passed MOT then haha, i have another year to wait so we will see!