Spent some time with my other car (cavalier turbo)

mike price

Reaction score
so today i thought id get the cav out the garage and wipe the dust off her seeing as my main car (audi s3) is in audi getting repaired.

Image3

Image4

15748690 10154923627591318 1483458964 o

15776288 10154923315141318 1060796822 o

15696935 10154923315076318 1597465100 o

Reactions: Terminator x, Scottyg, Richierich37 and 8 others
That looks mint, you going Market Harborough this year for the relocated VBOA ?
I have a couple of VX`s still, 2 door Corsa with a 2ltr boring XE lump in, and X20XER lump and Nos in another VX.

is JOV still going lol
I actually attended Billing with them in their first year.
is Mark Geordie Boy still about ? and Howell?

Here you go, Billing 06 IIRC

Attachments

• jovstand28km.jpg
    jovstand28km.jpg
    669.7 KB · Views: 221
Reactions: Ghost
Yeah the Speediness gave it away in the end lol,
Wasn't it his Dad's ?

You have a very,very well looked after motor there,
Small world when it comes to the Griffin brand.

Reactions: mike price
Really is a small world... My other car is a Cavalier Turbo too! Mine is Diamond Black and she's been sitting in the garage for the past four years or so.

Reactions: mike price and Bugeye_bob
Nothing wrong there but had a cavalier gsi myself about 15-17 years ago, it was a rubbish car, did not go right round corners ! Had to change the shocks, springs and wheels and tyres- sadly no pictures as that time there were no phone cameras !

Reactions: Nilz
We travelled to Amsterdam in a cavalier gsi 4x4 once, good times
Even had a drugs dog in the boot on the return lol. (apparently we looked dodgy)
Was a cracking car but sadly not a turbo.
Always loved cavalier turbos with the squared off, round look (does that make sense?)
And of course calibra turbos.
It's all about the 5 wheel bolts.... A proper spotters car.
Probably the last good vauxhalls before they went poo

Last edited:
Reactions: mike price
Thanks Mike. Yours too!

Funnily enough, I've been trying to convince myself to sell her for years but I just can't quite bring myself to let go of a car I've loved for 17 years! It'll be 18 years of ownership in April.

Reactions: Scottyg, mike price and Bugeye_bob
Thanks Mike. Yours too!

Funnily enough, I've been trying to convince myself to sell her for years but I just can't quite bring myself to let go of a car I've loved for 17 years! It'll be 18 years of ownership in April.
just to sound like a Parrot, but do you do the VBOA meet as well Tony ?

just to sound like a Parrot, but do you do the VBOA meet as well Tony ?
No, I don't tend to go to meets at all... I'm not that social!

Many moons ago, I used to go to some car audio meets but that was about it.

No, I don't tend to go to meets at all... I'm not that social!

Many moons ago, I used to go to some car audio meets but that was about it.
you should pop along, its moved from Billing this year, Mr Crook of LMF fame is organising it, they come from around the world, and the array of vehicles is just spectacular.

Ok Tony but if you ever consider selling I'd love to have a black one next to the white one.

That's just plain greedy!

OK, if I ever muster the courage, I'll let you know.

Reactions: mike price and Bugeye_bob
Will do Mike... Although you'd have to promise not to modify her... or let me see her again... or post pictures.

... Come to think of it, just don't drive her. :D

it will remain standard just preserve, the white one only has alloys different and is unmodified apart from them.

I bought a Cav GSI 2000 4X4 from the local VX main dealer, back in 1992, it was about 9 months old and I fell in love with it! Ran it until I replaced it with a brand new factory order (personally imported it) VW Passat 4Motion in late May 2000 - it was a shock driving the Passat as you felt seated up on top of it when compared with being part of the GSI 4X4, but it was okay, moving on to my 2011 S4 about 3 years ago meant being back in a better car again! I did fit the rear interior lights from the Turbo into the GSI 4X4 - if that counts for anything?