Spent a few hours on my S3 yesterday

R55_SND

Reaction score
Well hello everyone this is my first post here so go easy on me, having nothing to do yesterday I decided to spend some time on my Audi S3

first of all the car was hosed down to remove the lose grit and dirt on the car then it was washed using the 2 bucket method and some meguiars cold class shampoo, the wheels were cleaned using menzerna gel 7.5 and finally sealed with 2 coats of poorboys wheel sealant then I dried the car using the water magnet towel and began to clay the full car, clay bar didn’t really pick up much except on the bottoms of the doors, after that I set to work with a new product I had bought that morning from polished bliss which was the blackfire gloss enhancing polish and I must say I was very impressed, gave a really wet look to the paint, then I applied a layer of meguiars nxt liquid wax to seal it off, both polish and wax were allied by hand. Exhausts were cleaned with autosol and engine was cleaned with p21s then some 303 aerospace protectant on top, tires were dressed with blackfire tire gel. For my first go im quite impressed,

Now I just need to go out and buy a dual action machine polisher.

Here is some pics from throughout the clean, like I said this is one of my first proper attempts so go easy on me folks!

Before;
DSC_0751Large.jpg

DSC_0754Large.jpg

DSC_0764Large.jpg

DSC_0765Large.jpg

DSC_0768Large.jpg

DSC_0777Large.jpg

Wheel cleaned;

DSC_0775Large.jpg

Washed;

DSC_0783Large.jpg

DSC_0784Large.jpg

Polish;

DSC_0790Large.jpg

DSC_0791Large.jpg

DSC_0793Large.jpg

DSC_0795Large.jpg

DSC_0797Large.jpg

DSC_0792Large.jpg

DSC_0794Large.jpg

DSC_0799Large.jpg

DSC_0800Large.jpg

DSC_0801Large.jpg

And finally some shots of it finished!

DSC_0837Large.jpg

DSC_0820Large.jpg

DSC_0838Large.jpg

DSC_0840Large.jpg

DSC_0841Large.jpg

DSC_0843Large-1.jpg

DSC_0859Large-1.jpg

DSC_0860Large-1.jpg

DSC_0861Large-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Ross

nice job, adjust yours images fella to remove the plate, but man I miss my S3 8L but everything has its time huh

the drivers headlight washer needs fixing, you can actually pull it out & hold the jet while seeing why its tad loose, its probably worn locaters for the cap as its just literally 1 hole each side of the cap & these holes clip over 2 pegs that stick out of the jet sides, maybe the holes have been made slightly longer, maybe a slight bit of adjustment on the plastic of the holes will pull them in more so flush fella, can always buy new ones & paint, easy to fit

Beautiful car and one of the best amateur detailing jobs I've seen. You've inspired me to get some Blackfire and give mine a go. Hats off to you.

Yeh mate, damn nice shots too....! Part time photog?
DSC_0837Large.jpg

Particularly like this one!

nice job, adjust yours images fella to remove the plate, but man I miss my S3 8L but everything has its time huh

the drivers headlight washer needs fixing, you can actually pull it out & hold the jet while seeing why its tad loose, its probably worn locaters for the cap as its just literally 1 hole each side of the cap & these holes clip over 2 pegs that stick out of the jet sides, maybe the holes have been made slightly longer, maybe a slight bit of adjustment on the plastic of the holes will pull them in more so flush fella, can always buy new ones & paint, easy to fit

Thanks for that mate it only appeard to come loose recently and i have no idea why, i will try pulling it out tomorrow to see what is wrong with it

Beautiful car and one of the best amateur detailing jobs I've seen. You've inspired me to get some Blackfire and give mine a go. Hats off to you.

Thanks mate i gave it a good go considering the weather was cold

Yeh mate, damn nice shots too....! Part time photog?
DSC_0837Large.jpg

Particularly like this one!

yeh a do a wee bit of photography on the side but never edit any of my images as prefer it that way so what you see is what you get!

Looks very nice :applaus:

Shame you can't drive it now ...... :banghead:

ha ha tell me about it, pain in the **** these roads!

looks real good mate but looking at where you live/cleaned it unfortunatly it will be like it was before in no time, really annoying is it, im for ever washing my car

:thumbsup:Looks very nice Ross, i also have a ming blue S3 and have used the blackfire polish and finished with the blackfire sealent the finish is unreal, very impressed good job there,

Lovely job, well done, and great photography too! In the long run, upgrading to either the Blackfire sealant (Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection) or the wax (Midnight Sun) will give you even greater gloss and durability over the NXT, but other than that your product selection is exactly what I would be using for the tasks covered. Hat's off that man, stunning effort... you may wish to e-mail me a link to this thread for our show n shine competition. You could get a result and win enough to get the polisher!

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/show.html

:icon_thumright:

thaks for all the comments folks,

Rich, i have sent you an email :beerchug: thanks for that! :)

Ross

Ross that looks stunning mate.

The reflections are mind blowing!!!!

Pics are awesome too :)