Speedo Question?

evilbane

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Sorry guys it's me again :unsure: it seems before NHN gave me the brilliant advice I needed to sort out the speedo pin question, I must have damaged the rev counter sender uni (White box on the back of the speedo?) and the rev clock doesn't work.

I'm guessing I need a replacement one, and wondered if it was just a straight swap for a second hand unit (No coding or specific models only etc), also will the A3 1.9 TDI unit work in my A3 2.0 TDI?

Ste

You have probably just dislodged the cog, remove the white cover on the white rectangular box on rear of that dial & position it back where was, did it myself, be very careful as advised before, time & patients are usually all you need to suceed in this, test the movement before putting back together, should hear the cog spinning when you use your finger to move it back & forth.

I have a tdi cluster for sale aswell.

How do you remove the white box, as I had a try before but the thing just didn't seem to want to come apart, I could get either side to pop away, but it wouldn't come away completely?

Dont remove the whole thing just the lid mate, has some tabs iirc you need to push in/up whatever, cant recall totally but trust me I did it more than once when playing with speedos.

I think I know what you mean buddy, it seem to split in the middle, hey I have nothing to lose at it stands, its not working anyway, once again brilliant help, and really fast, I may be PM'ing you about the TDI cluster in a bit anyway lol.

Lets hope you dont PM me, as in, it fixes the issue. :)

All fixed, it turns out the screw that attaches to the cog had come loose, I also had to plastic weld the too half's of the white outer casing back together as id snapped the clips, but all is now WORKING!!!!

Awesome help once again mate, I think if you carry on like this your going to have a fan club started :laugh: