speedo problem

brownie 25

Reaction score
hi all,i had to take clocks out of the dash and the speedometer arm fell off so i took the cluster apart and put it back on,when i drove it wasn't reading right and then stooped working can i replace just the motor that controls it or do i need to replace the whole unit.

I reckon you've just pushed the motor of its cogs, take apart, look at rear motor & fit cogs back on if so, happens when you refit the needles.

I will try that tks,dose the nedle just push back on then or is there some sort of clip it didn't seem to lock in or any thing when I put it on

Its pushed back on, but when you push it can dislodge the rear motor cogs, so make sure cogs are all in place, refit housing & when putting needle back on make sure it doesn't dislodge whilst applying pressure.

hi nhn i took the back off the motor but in doing so bent the metal pieces inside and now no matter what way i fit it back it wont work,so back to my first question lol can i replace the motor its self.
tks

Personally I'd replace the clocks, much easier by the look of those components!
would that not just be a waste of money?i dont know the price of a set of clocks and i dont think i want to lol,i could change this part easy enough but just not sure if it the right one for my clocks