Speedo and odometer bot working.

jan_s4_03

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Iv a 1.9 tdi avf quattro a4 as above speedo and odometer isn't working. Can someone please teller where the speed sensor on the car is exactly thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reading some of your posts trying to work out what year your car is. Have you converted it from FWD to 4WD ? . The speed sensor on older cars used to be mounted by the nearside driveshaft output flange. On later cars they used the output of the ABS sensors to work out the car speed so gearboxes on these cars have no speed sensor fitted on the gearbox.
I know somebody who fitted a later box to an early car and ended up with no Speedo. This was on a B5.5 Passat but basically they are the same cars.
If both the speedo and odo have stopped at the same time I would say the instrument pack is probably faulty.

Sorry mate its 2003 b6. Factory 1.9tdi avf quattro 6speed

I wouldn't be sure if they did stop at the same time as I bought the car with the problem. So you think if I change the instrument cluster it should do the job. Only wires I seen coming from the gearbox was the reverse lights etc. That was it

You need to find somebody with VCDS and do some diagnostics. You can do output tests on the cluster to drive the speedo and tacho outputs.
It's not 100% straightforward changing the cluster as you need to sort the immobiliser and correct the mileage etc.

Il be doing that tomorrow .Is the immobilizer in the cluster or the ecu. Was told the ecu. There's plenty around with the millage mine has. Won't have to worry about that

Just had another look. There's a plastic/rubber piece where the speedo sensor is Ment to be. So I take it there's no speedo sensor going into the gearbox