Speed warning... excellent!

I

imported_ZeroK66

Was reading my manual today and found out how to setup my speed limiters/warnings, kewl man!

Yep, it's great. Especially in London which is full of speed cameras. I was confused at first as if you set it at say 30mph. The alarm won't go off until you reach 35mph. The warning light then remains on until the speed goes back below 30mph. So you need to set the alarm to 5mph less than when you actually want it to beep.

There was talk about bringing back photo radar here... if it happens I'll be turning on my speed warning!

What's the point of it though, isn't the car electronically limited to 210km/h? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

lol stewart! See your in bournemouth? Are you?

Anyway - reading the manual it goes off 5km/h after the limit you set... so yeah, you have to set it a few MPH below what you want the limit to be!

Reading the m-a-n-u-a-l. What is this strange thing you speak of? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ahh... my g/f lives there, I may be down that way sometime... love the car, would love to see it in the flesh!

[ QUOTE ]
technics100 said:
How do you set this up?

let me know cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a section in the owner's manual on it. All you do is press the left-hand button inside the instrument display (the one that adjusts the clock when you pull it) at the speed you want (say 70mph), & that's it. Once your speed reaches the trigger speed, plus about 3%, a beeper goes off & the speecheck symbol comes up on the DIS. It's good reminder to keep you from what I call accidental speed drift. We all know that when you have a fast one, like a 1.8T or a 2.8V6 (that's what I have), it's easy for your speed to just ease upwards without you really noticing. This keeps you real on the roads where you can't afford to slip up (i.e. all of them!!)

Yeah your fuse box is there, you have to pull the panel off on the end of it, the part which is concealed when you shut the door.

You can set a permanent warning. This is done when the engine is off. Mine is set at 80mph so it goes off at 85mph.

Then like has been said you can set a 2nd one by pressing the left speedo button at the speed you're travelling at.

I did read how to set the permanent warning... have to do ti with the engine off... just cant remember how lol!

The one you set when driving is just temp - when you switch off/press the button(clock set knob) again - it clears.

hey , i could do with setting the permanant speed warning, could of done with that yesterday, nevamind, how do u set it up, is 4 cars with dis only, i hope not cos mine hasnt got it, its a skinner