Speed humps - rims beware!

I

imported_mustwin1

I'm sure most of you are aware of this, but for those who may not be.........

The speed cusions that are being installed accross the land at the minute, the ones that you have to 'straddle' (hmmmmm s-t-r-a-d-d-l-e.......), whoops sorry ahem, well its possble to damage your rims by hitting them too fast, I've heard reports of rims being craked and buckled cos of this, not always easy to spot the damage as obviously this occurs on the inside of the rim.

Hope this is useful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Sorry I made it sound like they are a new thing, they've been around for a good few years now, but seem to be the 'speed cusion of choice' at most councils

Yeah speed bumps area pain in the **** and i believe councils should be held responsible for the additional cost encurred to us through these speed humps....my front spoiler is ruined at the bottom with these...not through speeding over them but due to them being too high or the road has subsided in on of the sides and my spoiler hits the ground! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif They dont do ****** all anyways noone has slowed down!

lol- It doesnt matter how many cars are behind me- all speed bumps are taken ultra slow.

often get cars overtaking me on over one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif P1ssed off everyone on a ferry in Windemere last week as when getting on and off- my bumper was sure to scrape so 0.5 mph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

suspension/wheels front bumpers/spoilers/splitter- wondered if anyone has tryed to sue the concil yet- even going over them at the speed limit of 30mph isn`t good so surely they should be liable.

[ QUOTE ]
Did you also have big eyes and a totally shocked look on your face?

Especially when the car hits the ground and sparks fly out from under it... :)))

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah civics are very light so didnt hit the belly on the ground! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif