1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speed Camera detector

neil stait Feb 21, 2014

1. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A3

The problem with speed limit warnings that you have to set yourself is that in some places the speed limit go up and down so much that you would be forever changing the settings. Sometimes even the variable speed limits on motorway seem to change at every overhead gantry. Parts of the M25 is a classic example.

2. BGS

BGS Active Member

Too true Dave, it would be great if Audi could incorporate sat nav / sign recognition in to the feature.

3. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A3

Audi do offer it as a 'no cost option' but you have to have the Technology package (PNQ-£1795)) and Audi active lane assist (PCB - £450) which makes it quite expensive unless you are having those packages anyway. According to the P+S Guide (p75) it displays the current speed limit in the DIS.

4. RossR

RossR Active Member

It has no connection to the cruise control or speed warning systems unfortunately. Seems to go against the "Audi Connect Philosophy".

I did find the speed warning quite useful when I had to drive on the space saver spare (Rated to max 50 mph if I remember correctly).

5. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member Team Cosmos quattro Audi A3 S-line owners group TDi DSG

It's not a problem. Had it for 3 years on my last car and it worked fine. You don't have to use it all the time.

6. yuan2211

yuan2211 Member

7. Clart

Clart Audi S3 Gold Supporter Section Mod Audi S3

Waze is brilliant! :blackrs4:

8. lee_fr200

lee_fr200 Active Member