Speed Camera detection for just £34.99

Back to topic :wtf:

In the UK, I use PGPSW database on the phone. You can either overlay it within the TomTom app or use the dedicated speed camera app.

Had a snooper once and the database was out of date all the time. My thoughts would be the smaller and cheaper the system, the less care in maintaining (and checking) the database. If a set of SPECS go up it takes probably less than a week for the database on PGPSW to be updated.

Why do the road atlases all show that database ?

Phone picks up GPS fine when propped at front of centre console, I've got a Breffo spider there but have recently fitted another Breffo into the vent duct for the drivers window. Holds the phone perfectly and all I had to do was run an power extension under the steering wheel.

The PGPSW database in certainly the best and most up-to-date one around. As I don't own a smartphone I use my small TomTom ONE to run the database. It provides both visual and an audible beep warning and I can set the distance from the camera that the beep occurs related to the speed giving me plenty of time to slow down without any sharp braking. Mounted at the right-hand end of the screen it works well as a Sat/Nav and I can enter locations easily with a touch screen keyboard with my right-hand.. It's hard wired so comes on whenever the ignition is turned on and there is only a short lead visible from the door trim rubber to the unit.

Just don't speed? Thats free.

I agree, but it's almost impossible to not stray over the limit, particularly when your concentrating on the road ahead and the surroundings. In many cars it's almost impossible to judge the speed at which your travelling, even the variations in road surfaces have an impact on your perception. There are certainly many occasions where I've been uncertain what the limit is. Glance in your rear view mirror or concentrate on a junction or potential hazard and that single not always clear speed limit sign may be passed without you noticing it. You cant use your judgement and common sense either as many speed restrictions seem unnecessary and as some one has already said are political.

There are many local 50mph limits to good quality A roads, with little or no hazards, yet on turning into a small single track lane with grass growing down the middle I pass derestriction signs. You know if you had Johnny Foreigner with you and pointed that the road you're on has a lower speed limit than the obviously more dangerous single track he would have difficulty in believing you.

HMG have already suggested that highway authorities should look at reducing roads with corners, junctions rises and falls could be limited to 40 instead of 50..................

The fact that such legislation is made by people who rarely leave London is no surprise.

Reactions: h5djr
My nav displays the speed limit on the screen, which is quite helpful, but it would be even better if it could give a brief audible warning if I stray over that limit. Not perfect as it doesn't account for roadworks and temporary speed limits but would still be a nice touch.

Just seen new K0's on eBay for £18 delivered direct from Inforad. Someone might want to take a punt for that price.