1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speed bumps and lowered suspension!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by FaisalJ, Feb 27, 2008.

1. FaisalJ

FaisalJ New Member

Hi,

I'm a new member on here...will post some pics of my car soon..2003 S4 B6, just bought 3 weeks ago.

I wanted to know how far members on here have been able to lower their S4/A4's without catching the underside of the car on speed-humps (especially the narrow ones you would normally straddle with wheels either side)???

I'm thinking to go down another 25-30mm further than the sport suspension, on H&R springs (and possibly koni sport dampers). I don't want to be catching the sump as I was on my old Mk4 Golf!

Any advice much appreciated. Before anyone flames me for not searching, i've tried several times and get an error message each time

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. chris_20

chris_20 Member

DO A SEARCH!! only joking mate- ill reply to your PM as soon as i can mate- just in work so dont get to sneak on here for long!

4. stoakseya4

stoakseya4 Active Member

Doubt there'll be any problems at all.

I did once however brake very hard whilst going over a hump which ripped out my sump plug ! Looked like it'd been shot in the guts, as it spewed oil everywhere for about a mile, until someone flashed me to stop...

:(

5. pav-g

pav-g Member

Naughty Naughty Chris, so is this what you do during fag breaks

6. chris_20

chris_20 Member

SHHHHHHHH dont tell them! lol

7. Neil_S

Neil_S Member

I get big problems with my A4, mainly over those bloody speed bumps that are very narrow but make the car rebound.

I am going to raise the front slightly to try and counter act it, it's a pain in the arse.

8. FaisalJ

FaisalJ New Member

Thanks for the replies guys! Neil_S, how much is yours lowered?

9. chris_20

chris_20 Member

the H+R kit is 35mm by the way faisal

10. bubstar

bubstar Member

I get the odd scrape. Mainly when I drive round to my garage, as I come off the road into the alley it drops quite sharply. On the road however not really.

It's only the downpipe and TBH after having the car on a ramp at the weekend I'm not bothered about it. Just some very light marks after about 8 months.

You just take a bit more care and the car looks after itself :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

BUB :racer:

11. Niknak

Niknak Member

Just be careful while driving around, I am in manchester and some car parks were a bit of a challenge otherwise OK. I would go for coil overs straight off though, had springs then changed to coil overs cheeper in the long run.