1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Special Needs Windscreen Wipers

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by AndyMac, Sep 6, 2004.

1. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

What's going on with those lumpy wipers on the new A3? They look like something off an amphibian army vehicle.
    Is there an option to upgrade to something a bit more stylish?
  2. GARTHY

GARTHY Member

They may look lumpy but they work better than those on older A3s. They don't lift at speed and wipe clearer.
  3. richy

richy Member

agree... u will be well happy with them...
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Thanks, I thought there must be something special about them cos they look so weird. You don't normally notice wipers on a car, but it was the first thing that hit me.
  5. yak

yak Member

They work well, they don't have any metal parts that could scratch the windscreen, and they change position after some time, so that each side is used equally as much.

But I don't know how you noticed them, they're hidden at least in my A3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

- Yak
  6. imported_mwilliamson88

imported_mwilliamson88 Guest

I've just bought a new A3 and i've noticed something........how come I cant extend the wipers to make them stand up? It seems as though the bonnet is too long! Has anyone else noticed this?
  7. imported_ianspibs

imported_ianspibs Guest

Yes, but its not a problem. Cant quite remember how to do it without checking the manual but I think you turn off the ignition, flick the wiper stalk on the stearing column and then the wipers will move part way across the windscreen so that you can chnge blades etc.
  8. yak

yak Member

Yes, that's the way it works, ignition off and then flick once and they'll end up in half-way of the windscreen.

- Yak
  9. imported_mwilliamson88

imported_mwilliamson88 Guest

Ok thanks guys I'll try that.