1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Special Edition Grey Leather Colour

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by dpaz, Sep 29, 2013.

1. dpaz

dpaz Active Member

Had a good search on the forum but can't seem to find anything on this.

Had a friend leave behind some scratches in the grey leather (middle sections) on my SE :( I'm suspecting a pair of jean buttons or similar. Don't worry he's offered to pay for the touch up pen from LTT Leather Care :w00t:

Problem is, I dont know the name of the grey leather colour? Does anyone know this? The nearest match on that chart seems to be 'Dove'. But supposedly I can email them with the name and they will match it.

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Pics?

3. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi S4

Your data sticker should have a two-letter colour code for the leather upholstery. You can then cross reference that code to the colour chart in the brochure. PM me your email address, and I'll send you a pdf of the brochure.

dpaz likes this.
  4. dpaz

dpaz Active Member

Only noticed the scratches tonight as its one of the back seats so not had chance to take a picture. Will do tomorrow.

Thanks jdp1962. Will PM you in a second.

5. dpaz

dpaz Active Member

Picture of one of the scratches

[​IMG]

With help from jdp1962 :thumbsup:I've discovered the trim is Volterra Graphite/Black.

[​IMG]

jdp1962 likes this.
  6. dpaz

dpaz Active Member

It's the same trim as shown in this picture. The middle grey section is the damaged area which I know now is graphite.

audi-a4-estate-2-0-tdi-170-s-line-special-edition-5dr-eb5c4f354449d238a026794ca85e82bb-640x480.jpg

7. jdp1962

Well resolved, dpaz. Now all you need to do is contact this company and order a Scuffmaster kit to do your own repair.

Amason007 likes this.
  8. Cyrix

Cyrix Member

Did only the Special Edition S-Lines have these seats?

9. ruairi83

ruairi83 Well-Known Member

Try some gliptone liquid leather cleaner and restorer. Used it on an old a3 and it was perfect for scratches

10. Pat.

Pat. Member

I work around the corner from Gliptone / Liquid Leather, and, having a couple of scratches in the graphite leather, was going to pop in to see what they recommended :)

I've tried their cleaner and conditioner on the scratches, which dulled them back a little, but they're still visible. Mine however, are deeper scuffs than in the picture above. Once I've done it I'll report back.

11. jdp1962

The cleaner and conditioner are not for scratches. You need one of their Scuffmaster kits.

12. Pat.

Pat. Member

That sounds like what I need ;)

I read the post above mine where ruairi suggests using the cleaner and conditioner / restorer and having used it with great success on my mk4 Golf Recaro leathers it was worth a try. The A4's leather is a lot harder it appears though.

13. dpaz

dpaz Active Member

A scratch in leather is where the top surface has been removed or damaged exposing an un-dyed area of the leather.

The only way to repair or hide the scratch is to dye the area again with a matching colour.