Spec Recommendations

I'm certainly seeing more "dark" A3s than light ones. Brilliant Black and Dolphin Grey seem to account for the vast majority, but Lava Grey seems popular too.

Maybe the problem is that Audi don't give a great range of colours on the A3 range - you get a choice of very dark (Brilliant Black, Ebony Black, Moro Blue, Lava Grey, Dolphin Grey) or some shade of silver (Akoya, Avus, Silver, Light Blue).

Only the Mauritius Blue, Red and Yellow stand out otherwise. Can't see that anyone would ever buy the green or dark red - they're hideous, soul-less colours.

Someone be brave and get a Misano Red Sportback. I bottled out as I couldn't find any pics of a Sportback in this colour.

The grey interior on that lava grey Sportback looks really nice ... until you see the drivers footwell. Argh - the dirt. I must have been mad ordering a grey interior, especially with 2 boys aged 3 and 18 months.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rear parking sensors are "for people who can't drive"

[/ QUOTE ]

Borrow a 3dr off of the dealer and say that again...

[/ QUOTE ]

I made exactley the same comment before collecting my mine - parking sensors are for people that can't drive or that have retired /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I've had my car for a month now and still manage to park it without too much bother, perhaps I am a bit taller?

I'd also say the Xenons are a must, if you have had them before then definately order them they are brilliant. They're also much better than in my 2 previous cars...

J.

Well I went for brilliant black sinced my last 2 cars have both been silver. I think the S line looks very well in black personally but it is a bitch to keep clean.

As for spec well, reverse sensors I like cos I can get drunk and the girlfriend will drive. Arm rest a must for the DSG, xenons, I do a lot of night driving, cruise control to help me save my licence.

I have fitted a aftermarket stereo and sat nav so didn't bother with those either.

Why is the Armrest a must. With both hands where they should be - on the steering wheel - how does the armrest come into play. I have one on my SE DSG because it came as standard but I've never folded it down yet.

I always get armrests...they don't get in my way at all and you can still have both hands on the wheel with an elbow on the armrest.

Course black is harder to keep clean but it looks the best on any car when it's clean I think.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And the Nav+ will make the car stand out from all the others come resale, beleive me my last 4 cars have had it and it is what has sold them for me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

= stupid comment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Of course it makes it look better. You are giving the next buyer a very expensive present. Because that's what it is!!

You won't get the money back for it. If you need it, get it, if not, putting things into a new car to make it more sellable will cost YOUR pocket the money not the next buyers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I have got my money back on the Nav on all the cars, I have always got between 1.5-2k more for my car than equivelent models without Navigation, did on our 3 series touring, ML270cdi, 2.5 tdi avant and on teh S-Line A3 I sold.

My whole point is you can get a very nice car with some really useful and desirable options for a reasonable price. I agree that if you would never use the Nav or the MP3 functions etc. then don't bother but everyone i know who has had would not go without now.

My Sportback is Lava Grey. Top colour but it makes the chrome grille look rather american.

Lighter colours hide the chrome and look much better with the new nose than dark colours.

If I was buying again, I'd go for Mauritius Blue or Dolphin Grey.

I saw a Misano Red S-line in the showroom before I ordered mine and was seriously tempted....

...but, I thought it was a bit loud for me, and probably not suited to a 2.0TDI! I think it'd be fine for someone with a 3.2 who really wants to stand out!

Very nice...

Misano Red for me Soon

If anyone wants to have a look at a Misano Red 3.2 there is one at Preston Audi...

DM