speakers playin up

stub

the matrix is comin
Reaction score
i've noticed over the past few weeks my rear speaker are going off an on sometimes. sometimes its when i turn the key off other its when i'm driving.

i also have a after market head unit if that helps any

its beyond me. not sure weather its worth upgradind them if i have to take them to bits. if so what ones fit without having to cut anything:kissmyrings:

You'll need some rear shelf speaker adapter plates to fit after-market speakers.

No cutting needed fella. I've just fitted a new set to mine. Ebay will help you out to the tune of about £9 for them.

Hope this helps...

Giles

If you have an aftermarket HU they just need to be rewired to the HU. The stock rears run off a puny little amp bolted to the left rear speaker, it's the amp that will be causing the problem, just bypass it and problem solved (that is unless they already have been bypassed). Easy to tell, with the fader on the mid point are they as loud as the fronts? If they are not as loud then they are still running off the crappy Nokia amp as it is only 2 x 20w whereas your HU will be putting out 2 x 40w at least.
If you replace the rears you'll need to rewire them anyway so might as well do that first. Just run a pair of skinny speaker cables from the rears back up to the HU and then plug them in to the rear speaker outputs on the HU. Then disconnect the adapter the HU is plugged into which feeds the rear RCA's to the rear amp. As a result you'll get better quality and more power going to the rears and they won't keep cutting out.

Mine had already been bypassed, but some cowboy had done all the wiring... so I've had to rave it all out. What ever possesses people to do arfa job?

Should finish it all tonight, if the rain holds off!

would it be the same reason. i noticed when i flash my lights an use other eletrical bits that the rear seaker stop. its like theres not enough power for them