1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker upgrade??

floyd 1.8 turbo Mar 4, 2012

1. floyd 1.8 turbo

floyd 1.8 turbo Mirror, Signal, Outmanoeuvre

Been thinking about upgrading my door and parcel shelf speakers for a while now and with my birthday coming up I might have a bit of spare cash to spend. I've already got a kenwood flip front head unit and a vibe cbr 10" sub with built in amp in the boot

Can anyone recommend any straight replacement speakers that are gonna make a difference and not cost the earth??

Cheers

2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

I amped my door speakers with a decent 4 channel amp and added a sub and find the sound pretty awesome. Good enough that i couldnt really justify spending out any more on speakers.

Also fitting replacement fronts is a difficult job due to the adaptors, i tried some decent speakers in mine and they sounded worse!

3. floyd 1.8 turbo

So you kept the original speakers but powered them through the amp? I'm rubbish with electrics so I need it simple!!

4. aragorn

Yeh, they sound a lot better once given a nice clean signal from a decent amp.

5. Foxmeister

Foxmeister Fired Up!

There are Infinity direct replacements that the S/RS boys have talked of on AudiSRS.com

6. floyd 1.8 turbo

The sound is pretty decent anyway to be fair, just thought a little upgrade may make it a little better when turned up. So could I wire up the existing speakers to the amp that's built into my sub? It's not integrated just on the side as it comes from new

7. aragorn

nah you'll need another amp!

8. floyd 1.8 turbo

Ok, what sort of amp should I be looking for? Make, power output?? I'll have a gander on eBay