Speaker size

albgut1

Reaction score
What size are the door speakers both front and rear on a '96 A4 Avant?

The fronts are 4" mid and 1" tweeter, not sure on the rears in an Avant.

Thanks Andy. I think I won't bother with the rears since they will not bring that much improvement as I've heard.

Please can someone recomend a better quality replacement thats not too expensive for the front set.

AndyMac is yer man having just installed some new from speakers in his motor. Personally, I like Infinity.

Yes , Infinity kappa's 50.5 or Rainbow SLX230's, both 5.25", both a pig to fit, but worth it.
Also Dynamat the hell out of both the door cards and the doorskins.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes , Infinity kappa's 50.5 or Rainbow SLX230's, both 5.25", both a pig to fit, but worth it.
Also Dynamat the hell out of both the door cards and the doorskins.

[/ QUOTE ]

anymac do you any pics of your install?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Only this one:
RainbowA4fitted.jpg

andymac those speaker look big did you have to mod the door card and door? r u going to the driver show may be i could listen to them

No, just used custom speaker adapters made from MDF. It is a bid fiddly as the speakers are mounted at an angle facing up, but the mounting posts are square to the door card.
I did have to hacksaw about 3mm off the inside of the door (the bit that doesn't show) so that the magnet cleared the inside door frame when refitting. This would depend on the exact speakers to decide to fit and probably wasn't necessary but made it easier to get the cards back on.
No, unfortunately I'm not going to the driver show.