1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker Cover Replacement

DMAGEE Sep 14, 2007

1. DMAGEE

DMAGEE New Member

Due to unseen circumstances, the speaker cover on my rear driver's side door is badly damaged. Could some body tell me if this is expensive to replace and how they are actually fixed to the door ??

I have heard some reports of them being plastic welded and also the possibiliy of being held on by rivets !!

Would appreciate if someone could possibly shed some light on this.....

Thanks.

2. jase0851

jase0851 Member

the grills are part of the doorcard,they are actually plastic welded on, u could try to fix some new ones on but they will probs come loose with base vibration ?

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You can get replacements from thedealer for around £8, but you then need to hotmelt glue them in place from the back once you've removed the knackered one.
    Quite easy really, just a little messy.

4. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member VCDS Map User

Yes they are plastic welded on but you can still change them, they are available from Audi as a seperate part (under £10 IIRC) You will need to remove the door card to fit it, just melt the securing plugs into place with a soldering iron. Should take no more than 30 minutes to change, I did one afew months ago for a friend's B7 A4 when it was damaged.

5. DMAGEE

DMAGEE New Member

Many thanks for your replies...much appreciated !!

6. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

While you're buying the grille, also ensure you buy some of the plastic pop fasteners for the door card as these are designed to break when you remove it. You'll need 4 or 5 and they're only 18p each.
    [​IMG]