1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spax coilovers

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by audi-a6, Nov 4, 2012.

1. audi-a6

audi-a6 Member

[Nov 4, 2012]
    any one ever fitted spax coilovers to an a6 c5 quattro????????????
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. audi-a6

audi-a6 Member

[Nov 5, 2012]
    take that as a no, has any one fiited any coilover kit to the c5 quattro? basically, my question is, the front shock is shorter than the rear, so surely it should have a shorter spring compared to rear??? iv just fitted spax rsx coilovers, but on the instruction its says in text (via spring part no.) that the longer springs go on the front (shorter shock). but on the picture of the installation guide it shows the other way round, but i fitted them the way the installation guide says via part no............ but its not right, as if i lower the rear coils, almost instantly the spring just moves around while the car is up in the air, if i wind them to the lowest, there is about a 4" gap between the top of the spring and the top mount......... a bit confusing i know...... can any one advise, before i just go and swap them around?