1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spark Plugs for 2.8 V6

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by S4_dan, Aug 10, 2011.

1. S4_dan

S4_dan Fire up the Quattro!

[Aug 10, 2011]
    I've had a look on the ECP web for some spark plugs. Out of the list available, many of them also fit a (dare I say it on this site?!) Vauxhall Calibra 2.5 V6.

Since I had a blurr blurr 2.5 V6 last year, I also bought two sets of sparkies for it. Discount eBay special for genuine GM plugs.

My questions is.....Will these GM plugs I have work in the Audi?

I know it's shocking to use pants GM parts on an audi but funds aren't brilliant at the moment what with just having fitted out a new kitchen and buying a new bathroom. (Hate moving houses!!!)

Cheers,

Dan
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. griswold

griswold Member

[Aug 10, 2011]
    I just bought 6 k20txr autolite sparkplugs for my wifes 2.4 a6 for £8.74 del.
    ebay item 280663042749
    if yours cross referance fit them
    you can always change them when funds free up
  4. S4_dan

S4_dan Fire up the Quattro!

[Aug 10, 2011]
    despite the cross reference on three spark plugs fitting both engines, on closer inspection, my NGK plugs in the Audi are approx 3mm shorter at the electrode end than the GM plugs.

I'll just wait until i can purchase some more NGKs. Also, the GM plugs run cooler than the NGKs so not sure how much that would affect the engine too.

Dan