SPARK PLUGS AND HT LEADS

phoenixv6quattro

staylowmovefast
Reaction score
Hello Gents,
Having decided on some tyres for the LM's my next job is to replace the leads and plugs (service more than anything else). The cars a 2.8 30v. What are the best plugs I could get for the car? Have some NGK's in there at the mo (the part number escapes me). The leads are brittle and all could do with being replaced. I was qouted silly money from Audi for all 6 leads (over 200!!!!). Have got a replacemant lead before from ECP but the ****** thing didnt fit so had to fork out £52 for 1 lead from Audi back then. Does anyone know a place/manufacturer where I can get some leads that actually fit ASIDE from Audi? Performance leads would be ideal (magnacor etc) but will settle for anything decent!

Ollie:icon_thumright:

Any leads i've come across recently (from various motorfactors etc) have been proper ****.

If you can find some proper branded ones from Bosch or Champion or the likes they'll probably be half decent, but they seem to be like hens teeth. I was looking for some for a mates corsa recently, and drew a blank.

Maybe someone like magnecor is the way to go.

You'll probably find the old favourite the NGK BKR6EK will work just fine in the V6.

Audi A4 (95-01) 2000 2.8 | Vehicle | Ignition System | Performance Shop | Demon Tweeks

ive got 8mm blue ones (match the car lol). yes they work good but alot of money and they are hidden by the engine covers..........also i got them through a mate who had something to do with magnecor so paid alot less thats why i bought them but still werent cheap

dont know how much main dealer is but id be tempted to go with them if i had to do it again

Couldn't agree more Aragorn! All the ones I've ever got from the Autofactors have indeed been completely ****!! Will hold you to the plugs though, will order some tomoz for the V6 if nobody else has any better reccomendations.....205, many thanks, Looks like Magnecore is the way to go! Trust me, the stealer price is horriffic! 1 cost me over fifty bucks so for six it would be ridiculous! I could go out and make my own for that ****** price! lol! Cheers dude!

Genuine from what i can see a full set is £209.88 inc vat.

Thanks Jase, guna go for the magnecore ones as they are slighty cheaper and its something different!

Yeah seems the best option and will give those all important make believe extra powers :p

Yes thats right, just like K&N panel filters and go faster stripes....Hows that Piper X panel filter doing by the way?..... :laugh: