1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spark plug Q's

Bradderz_1988 Jul 17, 2013

1. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Will any of these fit my car they are

New genuine smart plugs (two prongs) - NGK bkre6ek

or i have some genuine astra VXR platinums (used 30k) which are - NGK PFR6T-G

obviously they will need gaping to 0.32 iirc

just thinking of changing the plugs for something a little better

side by side two my old ones there correct thread and length so i shouldnt see why not !!

2. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Platinums are a waste of time, the only thing they do is give you a longer service interval. imho the additional cost over a stock plug just makes them unviable.

Euro's always try and sell me the platinum plug for my engine but I always give them the NGK BKR6E (iirc) number and get a set of 4 for under a tenner.

Sure I was recomended a colder plug for a tweeked engine but can't for the life of me recall the part number. I have a set in my kitchen drawer so will get the numbers off them when I get home

3. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Im running the bkr6e's at the minute

just have some plugs in my box at work that are identical in thread/length etc just one set has two prongs and the others are platinum !!

just wandering which would be the best plugs to use !!

4. Jonion

Jonion Member

If they're NGKs as well the next colder plug would be a 7 so BKR7E

And I agree, using fancier/costlier plugs isn't my choice unless the yare required for the type of use they'll be getting.
    For a normal(ish) road car the standard NGKs are plenty good enough.

AR-rkon likes this.