1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spark plug issue !!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by m19lte, May 18, 2013.

1. m19lte

m19lte Member

I have a bam engined 8l s3 running -
    *cus code stage 1
    *3" dp + decat
    *badger 5 - 3" tip
    *forge 008 dv

It runs sweet as a nut approx 280 bhp (apparently, according to r/r + torque obd)
    The spark plus were due a change as 1 of them had more or less fell apart at the spark/ceramic end causing a miss fire. So I ordered the colder running ngkbkr7e and gapped them to 0.7 mm.
    The car ran OK, if a little lumpy then miss fired quite bad at 3k rpm. So I promptly changed back to standard original ones, miss fire is now gone. Any ideas what the prob is with the ngks ? When I pulled them out after 5 min they all had a white powdery coating/spark/burn marks on the spark end.
  2. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

White plugs are to lean fuel mate....investigate pump?
  3. m19lte

m19lte Member

As i said mate, the car ran/runs fine with standard plugs, so i cant see it being any other issue than the ngk plugs. But it was a recomended mod on here (on a remaped car) to put the colder running ngk's in and gap them to 0.7mm ! rather than buying another set of plugs id rather try n save the ngk's, even if i have to regap them again.
  4. m19lte

m19lte Member

Any help anyone ? Is is likely that gapping the ngk's back to 0.8mm will solve this ?
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
  5. mattyboy199

mattyboy199 Active Member

copper plugs gapped at 0.8mm are suitable for the TFSI coils