Spark Plug help Plz.

Bugeye_bob

Reaction score
Ok, I hang my head in shame, as I feel this will have been covered a few million times , but after searching I can`t see the wood for the trees,

BGB 2.0 TFSI lump,
has a miss fire when over 78c that I now feel may be plugs, I can move the miss fire so pretty sure, but not convinced as yet,

So what plugs can I try / use to prove the problem is or isnt the plugs ?

Found so many part numbers but some are £50 a set, down to a old style copper set at about £16/18,

I know the copper plugs wont last 60k, but tbh that isnt my concern as yet,
thanks in advance.

112 Views and no one has a reply,
Sorry if this was too technical for you lot.

Check codes. Note missing cylinder. Clear codes. Remove plugs. Missing cylinder will show sooty plug. Swap suspect plug to different cylinder (don't move coil pack). Run vehicle and check live data on misfire detection. If misfire follows plug...there you go. Change the plugs. If not, likely it's a coil. Here you can apply the same testing.
Hope this helps.
Cheers.
Adam

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I asked what plugs not how to detect, if you read what I put I have already done this as I explained,
nice to know people read what you ask lol

I'm selling genuine VAG NGK spark plugs for 2.0tfsi engine in group buy section if interested.

Jeez, I hope you read dates on other threads,
this was posted in June, I hope I look after my cars better then waiting 5 months before I service it when it`s needed lol.

I don't think you will get much help from people with you attitude.
Every one of your posts show this.

I don't think you will get much help from people with you attitude.
Every one of your posts show this.

Without trying to sound rude, did you even read my original post ?

But now you have told me, I will sleep better tonight . . . .

Not sure what is wrong with "You" attitude, I asked a genuine question.

Appreciate an old post revitalised but out of interest what plugs did you get - for my BMW Z3 (tuned and remapped engine) I noticed a definite improvement when switching to the newer (4 electrode) type - in my case Bosch FGR 7DQP+

Just stuck some copper NGK`s in, I dont leave plugs in 20k or 40k so didnt see it worth spending daft amounts.