Spare wheel.

Greeny233

It's all about the V8.
Reaction score
Well after fitting the 345mm S4 brakes months ago and having to grind the callipers slightly to get the 19" 3SDM's to fit its just occured to me that the standard 17" s-line 5 spoke spare wheel might not fit.
I am slightly lazy, and as such can't be bothered to go out and try and see if it will fit. Does anyone know if the standard 17" 5 spoke wheel will clear the S4 callipers?

Thanks
Chris

Had this problem myself with similar sizes and what I did was if the front got a puncture swapped it with a rear wheel then put the spare on the rear as it would easily go over the rear brakes.

Reactions: dale86, Greeny233, ruffrida and 1 other person
Good idea. I'm running staggered wheels I'll have to check the 9.5" rears will fit on the front. The other option is to try the spare and maybe use a spacer.

I have 19" rs6 reps with s4 345mm brakes up front and believe it or not my std 17" sport alloys fit over the brakes

Simple answer - no.
My spare wont even fit over the S4 rear brakes!

Huh?

I fitted my original sport 5 spoke 17" wheels a few months back, front and rear, and had no problems at all with my 345mm front and 300mm rear B6 S4 setup.....they were close but certainly no 'interference'. Drove round for over a week with them on.

Have pics to prove too as I wasn't sure myself! Will dig them out! Were there any differences/revisions with the hubs or alloys during the B6 generation that might cause some not to fit?

Here you go:

Uploadfromtaptalk1417121198162
Uploadfromtaptalk1417121239331
Uploadfromtaptalk1417122749205
Uploadfromtaptalk1417122774944
Uploadfromtaptalk1417122823060

The pics inside the alloy are both of the clearance of the front calliper. Standard 43 offset 17's as far as I know.

Reactions: Greeny233
Thank's for the responses guys. I guess I'll just have to get out and give the spare ago. I'll let ha know.

Been out and tried the spare and there is loads of clearance, more than with the 19" 3SDM's but looking at Icarus's pictures there seemed to be more clearance than he has and when I measured the discs they are only 320mm! I ordered 345mm off adamss24! I suppose I should have measured them before fitting them but just didn't think to.

320 are off the DTM aren't they?

That's a bit of a shitter about them being smaller, but at least you've found out now before you've ended up ordering the wrong discs and pads come replacement time.