1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spare rear diff or haldex unit?

barters3 Sep 7, 2009

1. barters3

barters3 Member

i was just wondering whether anybody has a spare haldex unit as i need the precharge pump from it.
    if anybody could help i would be gratefull if you could pm me.

I apreciate that i should probably post this in the classifieds, however i feel i may get a larger response here, and im getting pretty desperate for the part!

2. Mr.G

Mr.G Well-Known Member Team Sepang Audi S3

Hi...

I'm about to change my entire diff/haldex unit with controller and precharge pump.

I'll have one which will be available very soon.

G

3. Mr.G

BTW what has happened to your current one? Do you have a clicking/noise from the hadlex unit upon key turn in ignition?

G

4. barters3

barters3 Member

Bit of a long story... I had a very small leak from where the electrical connections enter the pump. I sourced a second hand pump and fitted it,however my 4x4 hasnt worked since. Iv had it on vagcom but no faults. So im assuming its the pump. I would be intrested in purchasing the pump provided it works.

5. Mr.G

My car developed a fault after i'd had the haldex oil and filter changed, wether someone had just highlighted a problem that was there already i dont know but now my ESP light is constantly on (the triangle warning light with a circle and arrow). I can hear some noise from the rear like a fuel pump, plus clicking noise. I know it's coming from the haldex unit as i've been under the car.

I bought a used haldex unit complete. Including the subframe. I'm due to get it fitted within a few weeks. when the old one is off the car i'll get it tested and keep you informed.

OK?

G

6. barters3

barters3 Member

That would be brilliant. Im off on holiday for a few weeks,so if you could pm me when you know what the score is and il get back to. Much appreciated.