Spacers

daryl

Reaction score
Could anyone give advice on wheel spacers?

A) Where is the best place to get them from?

B) Is there a particular make to look out for?

Thanks.

make sure that they are hub centric, i went for H&Rs

Not to pee on anyone's bonfire, but I use FK ones and they are now available with the bolts as well from GSF car parts.
I priced up a full set of hubcentrics and bolts (20mil rears 15 front) for just about £100! About 60% of the price of more well known makes.

seeemed like good value tbh.

simch said:
Not to pee on anyone's bonfire, but I use FK ones and they are now available with the bolts as well from GSF car parts.
I priced up a full set of hubcentrics and bolts (20mil rears 15 front) for just about £100! About 60% of the price of more well known makes.

for a mix of 10 and 15mm thats good!!

forgive me for being silly...... but i really dont totally understand how these spacers work!

im from a mini background, where spacers include a bit of plate with holes in to the correct pcd, and longer studs.

whats all this hubcentric stuff about? and why do those pics of spacers appear to have bolts in them?

does the spacer have two sets of 5x100 holes, one of which is threaded? with the spacers bolting onto the hubs, then the wheels bolting onto the new spacers?

ive been looking at getting 18's for mine, but lately, ive come more round to the idea of keeping my TT 17's and spacing them out to make it look a bit more aggresive. they used to be so common on A3's, but it seems everyone has RS4's now, ive only ever seen one other A3 with the old style TT wheels on the road! (and a few on here)

how far can you go before you get rubbing issues? do they effect handling much? i now on many cars spacing wheel a lot gives issues with tramlining and such things....

sorry to hijack the thread, it just didnt seem worth starting a new topic!

Get mine from PRIRACING.co.uk just tell him Mo sent you and will sort you out a good price. H&R's

simch said:

yeah they are cheaper, however if you do want 10mm for the front and the longer bolts to match, they cant get hold of the longer bolts for them. i had been waiting for mine, 10 front 15 rear since october the spacers came in and the longer bolts for the rear, but as they couldnt get the bolts for the front and couldnt tell me how long till i could get them, i just took back my £108 and left.

Prawn said:
forgive me for being silly...... but i really dont totally understand how these spacers work!

im from a mini background, where spacers include a bit of plate with holes in to the correct pcd, and longer studs.

whats all this hubcentric stuff about? and why do those pics of spacers appear to have bolts in them?

does the spacer have two sets of 5x100 holes, one of which is threaded? with the spacers bolting onto the hubs, then the wheels bolting onto the new spacers?

ive been looking at getting 18's for mine, but lately, ive come more round to the idea of keeping my TT 17's and spacing them out to make it look a bit more aggresive. they used to be so common on A3's, but it seems everyone has RS4's now, ive only ever seen one other A3 with the old style TT wheels on the road! (and a few on here)

how far can you go before you get rubbing issues? do they effect handling much? i now on many cars spacing wheel a lot gives issues with tramlining and such things....

sorry to hijack the thread, it just didnt seem worth starting a new topic!

hub centric replecate the hub face, making it easier to locate and fit wheels centrally.

holes go all the way through, which is why the bolts need to be longer .... 10mm spacers, 10mm longer bolts.

...for me 10mm all round is enough, some like to mix 15mm on the rears to flush fit the wheels to the body (this is with OEM wheels).

Speak to PRI racing and he can get you the bolts too very quickly. Never had a problem with him sourcing stock in very quick time

S3_MCD said:
hub centric replecate the hub face, making it easier to locate and fit wheels centrally.

holes go all the way through, which is why the bolts need to be longer .... 10mm spacers, 10mm longer bolts.

...for me 10mm all round is enough, some like to mix 15mm on the rears to flush fit the wheels to the body (this is with OEM wheels).

10mm front and 15mm rear seems to be the commonly accepted norm on OEM alloys.

If you have aftermarket BBS alloys, at 8.5x18 et30, then 10mm all round is more than enough.

Toxik-Signal said:
eeew! Minis! Gross! :puke2:

Very harsh IMO, Mini's are cracking motors (the orignial is more superior to the current BMW one in my eyes). If you've owned one then you'll understand why....nothing handles quite like one!

Guys how may i know the size of my rims like 8.5x18 et30 mines are oem 16" using 205/55/16, thinking of changing to 225/40/16 or 17 when the time comes, what will be a good size of the spacers to make them fit the arches in a A3 1.8T?

Is there any way of finding/working out what the "et" of my Italian made RSTT replicas is?

Reason for asking is that I was thinking of 10mm spacers front and 15mm spacers rear but don't want to get it wrong.

Cheers,

ICE

i have got 10mm front and 15mm's rear on my s3 and i think i could do with 15 front and 20 rear to make the wheels more flush with the arches

i need to put another 10mm on my rears but they are already et28 with the PCD adapters i used should have bought wider for the rear! damn it!

i have a spare set of eibach spacers 15mm hubcentric, no bolts though, ive posted an ad in the classified section if your interested,theve never been used either, soz for hijacking your post btw

Toxik-Signal said:
eeew! Minis! Gross! :puke2:

coming from a diseasil driver......

i'd have a classic mini over a derv anyday.

Back on topic, do the spacers aid handling at all ie widening the track, or is it more of a styling thing?

Front -> 10mm Needed to clear Porsche big reds.
Rear -> 15mm cosmetic, to match the front, fill the arches.

I got mine from motorsportworld.co.uk, the best price i found for H&Rs, by far the best spacers you can buy, a few quid but well worth it, they come with extended bolts too for little extra.