1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spacers

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Pontio, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Pontio

Pontio Member

Where can i get them from as my brakes wont fit behind my wheels. should i get 10mm alround or 10 front and 15 rear?
    Thanks for any help J
  2. PaulRS3

PaulRS3 Active Member

AmD, Forge, TT shop etc etc.

JBR might sell a ECS version.

remember your need longer bolts.

if you go for 10/15 then you will have two lengths of bolts (usually long ones cut down)

I run 10 front/15 rear.

mine came from AmD.
  3. Garth_S3

Garth_S3 Member

Paul, are your front 10mm spacers hubcentric?

I got some 10mm for front and 15mm for rear made specially for me, but the fronts wopuldn't fit as the standard hub flange is longer than 10mm, so I couldn't have hubcentric. I'd love to know if my hubs are just bigger than other S3's or whether there's something clever about the spacers, because I just couldn't get any to fit the front of mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
  4. PaulRS3

PaulRS3 Active Member

yes they are.

the have the cone seat/ lip to fit the alloy/ hub

However:

I am running Porsche Brakes on the front, so i no longer have the Audi disc hubs.

in hindsight, ive never had spacers on oem S3 front brakes.
  5. smoothy

smoothy Member

I have just fitted eibach spacers all round. They are 12mm at the front and 15mm at the back. I was supplied longer bolts which I had to cut to legth with an angle grinder! I was £130 for the spacers and £1.90 for each bolt! Made a real difference to the stace of the car though, can't wait to get it lowered now!
  6. Pontio

Pontio Member

i have ordered spacers from eibach too (through Rich JBR) and i went for 8mm allround as all i want is my ecs 2v2's to fit the front. im hoping my standard wheel bolts will fit..
  7. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    i have ordered spacers from eibach too (through Rich JBR) and i went for 8mm allround as all i want is my ecs 2v2's to fit the front. im hoping my standard wheel bolts will fit..

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Jordan,

You will need 35mm wheel bolts with the 8mm spacers. The standard wheel bolts will not be long enough.

Rich
  8. Pontio

Pontio Member

I dont have the standard wheels bolts, have anteras like my wheels but the thread on them is about the same.
  9. s3bow

s3bow Member

Hi all, got 10mm spacers on the front of my S3 and they are hubcentric . I have the standard brakes too. Made them myself. If I remember correctly the counterbores on the back of the 10s was 12-12.5 mm deep. This is possible due to the 45 deg fillet on the outer face. As for different length bolts, I used 40 mm long front and rear with 15mm spacers on the back. No cutting and plenty of thread on the rears.
    Hop this helps.

Chris.
  10. smoothy

smoothy Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi all, got 10mm spacers on the front of my S3 and they are hubcentric . I have the standard brakes too. Made them myself . If I remember correctly the counterbores on the back of the 10s was 12-12.5 mm deep. This is possible due to the 45 deg fillet on the outer face. As for different length bolts, I used 40 mm long front and rear with 15mm spacers on the back. No cutting and plenty of thread on the rears.
    Hop this helps.

Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

You made the spacers yourself? I guess thats what your saying? What did you turn them out of? Aluminium?
  11. s3bow

s3bow Member

Yep. 7075 ally and hard anodised.

Chris.
  12. smoothy

smoothy Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Yep. 7075 ally and hard anodised.

Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

It nice when your Job has benifits bar making you cash eh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  13. S3_Shaun84

S3_Shaun84 New Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi all, got 10mm spacers on the front of my S3 and they are hubcentric . I have the standard brakes too. Made them myself. If I remember correctly the counterbores on the back of the 10s was 12-12.5 mm deep. This is possible due to the 45 deg fillet on the outer face. As for different length bolts, I used 40 mm long front and rear with 15mm spacers on the back. No cutting and plenty of thread on the rears.
    Hop this helps.

Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris would you fancy making up another set the same as yours with standard breaks?

If so how much?

Cheers Shaun
  14. s3bow

s3bow Member

I'll make another set, but have a look at these here http://www.wheel-spacers.co.uk/

Don't know what they are like, but from the notes, it says they come with bolts. Look at the 15mm ones. Description says 2x15mm for £45 with bolts. Hell, I paid 40 just for bolts. Forge want £30+vat each with no bolts.
    Find out what the quality is like first though. Anyone on here dealt with them ?

Chris.

PS. What about these...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-TT-225-H...ryZ14771QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem