Spacers....!!

Dazza0685

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys. I was looking at my car today and it occured to me that my wheels could do with being a bit more flush with the arches.
I have the standard 18" S line wheels on and they are staying as i like them.. So i have two questions really.

One.. are there any down sides to fitting spacers? (Im only looking to fit ones around 5-10mm)
Two.. Any recommendations where is a good place to find them?

Thanks

Keep a look out in the classified section for second hand ones?

unless you want brand new, then try venom motorsport or DPM, any places like that really.

Many people will dismiss this but I used to deal with Audi UK on behalf of the TT owners club and this came up during one of our chats....

THe ESP system on the car can apply braking to a wheel which then acts as a pivot point to assist in controlling the car. If you change the position of that rotation point then ESP won't be as effective. In the worst case it can be worse!

I know you're thinking "it's only 5-10mm" and it's totally your call but I'm mentioning it as most people din't consider this.

Thanks Scotty.. This is part of the reason why i asked the question as i want to know people views and opinions and that seems a very valid point.
I am not 100% sure whether or not to do it so will have to do more research i think.