1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spacers....!!

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by Dazza0685, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Dazza0685

Dazza0685 Member

Hi guys. I was looking at my car today and it occured to me that my wheels could do with being a bit more flush with the arches.
    I have the standard 18" S line wheels on and they are staying as i like them.. So i have two questions really.

One.. are there any down sides to fitting spacers? (Im only looking to fit ones around 5-10mm)
    Two.. Any recommendations where is a good place to find them?

Thanks
  2. H4R1S

H4R1S New Member

Keep a look out in the classified section for second hand ones?

unless you want brand new, then try venom motorsport or DPM, any places like that really.
  3. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

With those sizes you'll be fine as long as you stick with hubcentric.

Give me a shout if you need any prices.

Damian @ DPM Performance
  4. Dazza0685

Dazza0685 Member

Thanks guys... I have emailed you DPM.
  5. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

Many people will dismiss this but I used to deal with Audi UK on behalf of the TT owners club and this came up during one of our chats....

THe ESP system on the car can apply braking to a wheel which then acts as a pivot point to assist in controlling the car. If you change the position of that rotation point then ESP won't be as effective. In the worst case it can be worse!

I know you're thinking "it's only 5-10mm" and it's totally your call but I'm mentioning it as most people din't consider this.
  6. Dazza0685

Dazza0685 Member

Thanks Scotty.. This is part of the reason why i asked the question as i want to know people views and opinions and that seems a very valid point.
    I am not 100% sure whether or not to do it so will have to do more research i think.