Spacers / Tyres and Wheel Bolts

chasdrury

Reaction score
Hi

I am thinking of getting some spacers- I have A4 RS6 style wheels - S-line ones from 2005. I want to push them out to the arches slightly to fill the arches, but don't want to get any rubbing. I am running 235 tyres.

I have searched but wanted to know if anyone else has the same set up - i will probably lower a tad at some point too. Will I get away with 20mm or stick to 15mm?

Also, do i need longer bolts to acheive this?

Cheers

Chas

Not sure - they are the OEM Audi 18" RS6's. Maybe ET43 or 45 I think?

Thought the overall offset had to be ET35 to make the wheels sits flush to the arch, 20mm spacers on the ET43 would make the ET23, surely this would push the wheel way past the arch??

Thought the overall offset had to be ET35 to make the wheels sits flush to the arch, 20mm spacers on the ET43 would make the ET23, surely this would push the wheel way past the arch??

Agreed, 20mm spacers will look ridiculous.

it all depends on the width of the wheel as well as the ET i'm on only 7J width 17" ET 43 rims so 20mm spacers are perfect for me however if the wheels were 7.5J ET43 then that extra half inch width of rim would push the rim of the wheel out quarter of an inch aprox 5mm so for that size 15mm spacers would be best

I have those wheels standard on my S-Line and have recently ordered spacers for mine, 5mm at the front and 8mm at the back, I'll put up some pics when they're on

I have those wheels standard on my S-Line and have recently ordered spacers for mine, 5mm at the front and 8mm at the back, I'll put up some pics when they're on

Thanks - are they 8J these wheels, ET43?

Sorry mate I have no idea, had one of them off yesterday as well, should have checked