Spacer Question

twist

Reaction score
I am a little confused about spacers, when people talk about them on this site. When someone says they need 10MM spacers at the front is this per Axel or per side. i.e 2 X 10MM spacers or 2 X5MM spacers.

I have just got some Genuine RSTT's and also have some 10MM X 2 hubcentric spacers that I got with the Brembos I bought.

Will it be Ok to fit these to the front? and then get the same for the rear. Or should I move the 2 x 10MM to the rear and get some slightly smaller ones for the front. I see 8MM ones on the front should clear the brembos

Thanks

10mm spacers usually means 10mm per side, don't think you will notice much between 8 and 10mm to be honest, but if your have spacers on the front, I recommend you have a set on the back to make it look nice and wide all round. :cool:

personally, when i space out my wheels, i reckon 10mm front and 15mm rear should give a really nice wide stance.

:iagree:

I have heard a few others on here saying the same 10/15, for the wide stance! :icon_thumright:

10mm front and 15mm rear
is this setting for S3 or A3 ?

Cheers guys

Once I have sorted out a new rim shall be ordering some from DPM

Toxik-Signal said:
Why not just get wider wheels? :)

If it was that easy, we would all buy wider wheels, but there's a limit on how wide you can go before you start catching the insides of the inner arches.
Most 18" wheels come in 8" wide, and 8.5"+ wide rims usually carry a premium, so spacers are a cheap and effective method of obtaining the 'phat' look.

But usually if you go too wide then it's illegal anyway as the wheels can't stick out any further than the arches. :think:

Toxik-Signal said:
But usually if you go too wide then it's illegal anyway as the wheels can't stick out any further than the arches. :think:

Apparently, rims sticking out is ok, but the top of the tyres need to be within the arch.... loophole for wideboys according to my local mot tester.

yea, but surely body would space them out past the arches anyway? as it just looks stupid on an A3......

theres a damn good reason for spacers.

ive got TT 6 spokes on my A3, and ive been considering getting Rs4's, but rs4's have become SO common now, that id really rather stick with my 17x7.5'' TT wheels.

they dont fill the arch quite how id like them to though.

so im going to get some spacers, giving my the style of wheel i want, filling the arch how i want. theres no other way that could be achieved without spacers.....

if you go with DPM then fine, just beware of eibach, i ordered a 16mm 'set' cant remember the exsact wording but i certainly exspected two 16mm spacers got two 8's it how they work

eatdegrub said:
if you go with DPM then fine, just beware of eibach, i ordered a 16mm 'set' cant remember the exsact wording but i certainly exspected two 16mm spacers got two 8's it how they work

Don't want to sound daft but the wording sounds like you bought them off me. I'm sure if you phoned the people up who you did buy them off then they'd exchange them for you.

no no sorry mate i should have got them from you! i meant if he gets them from you (DPM) he wont have an issue as in your on here an more accountable!

you'd have to put up with our ****!:whip:

i needed my wheels on so put the 8's with old hub centric tens an ran with them both for a week till hubcentrics came...didnt realise how important they'd be so even eibach 2x16's wouldnt have been ideal...

needed them for my new nouvolari's! nightmare! had rep RS4's on before with 10mm spacer no probs! da ****** garage put them on an took the face off my calipers before they noticed...GGGRRRRR