1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Space saver wheel

lewy Apr 5, 2003

1. lewy

lewy Member

Did the S3, or for that matter any import A3's come with a space saver wheel, as i want to put my amp in the wheel well, but my 16" comp is in the way - nuisance.

Tara

Lewy

2. mramage

mramage Member

Lewy, the S3 certainly comes with a frisbie spare, don't know about A3s though.

3. Drill

Drill Member

IIRC only the A3's with Quattro, or those people who specifically ordered a space saver have them.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

4. Moresauce

Moresauce Member

If you really what to use the space you can always forget about the spare and just keep a large can of the tyre repair in the boot. It will seal and reinflate your tyre and is good for about 40-100 miles. On the downside you then need to buy a new tyre casue the seal stuff gunges up!

5. Mo-S3

Mo-S3 Member

Speaking of these frisbies spares that are in the S3?? Does anyone have one that they want to get rid of??

6. ColinM

ColinM Member

There is no legal requirement to carry a spare, so just get rid of it and make sure your AA/RAC membership is paid up!

7. amoffat

amoffat Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Colin M said:
    There is no legal requirement to carry a spare, so just get rid of it and make sure your AA/RAC membership is paid up!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Good thinking Colin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

This will also shave a few tenths of a 0-60 hehehe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

8. lewy

lewy Member

Thank you all for confirming this, all I've got to do is get back from this sandy hole and get my ass 1, anyone selling one in roughly 3 months!?!

Lewy