1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

South Lakeland...

FactionOne Sep 22, 2013

1. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Just wondering if any of you are from this neck of the woods?

R

2. Kelza

Kelza MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator Audi RS3

Me lol

3. hp3soj

hp3soj New Member

does Morecambe count?

4. Kelza

A seaside meet sounds great :)

5. hp3soj

hp3soj New Member

currently looking for an s3 but only got a budget of 14k and would like to get an 08 face lifted one with the led's
    think ill have to keep saving

6. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Heh. I was going to be more specific but was considering security at the same time...

I spent last week trying to soak up some calm inth'lakes (as locals will know, I mostly soaked-up rainwater), but noticed a house which appeared to be inhabited by someone very much with the Audi bug - and as one of the four-ringers parked outside was an 8P, I wondered if it might be any of our number.

To be a little less vague about it: The Audi-nut in question is a couple of miles off a tourist-hammered section of the '591.

As for Morecambe - My OS Explorer says not quite, but for the purposes of a meet, it sounds quite interesting. There's got to be a photo-opportunity along the front (perhaps up towards the statue/sculpture end) - although if we're going to organise something I'd ask that it's in enough time to conclude my overhaul of the car (which honestly is a little way out because I've a big pile of code for here needs sorting out before I start breaking stuff with spanners again).

Rob.

7. heap1000

heap1000 Member

I am originally from kendal (still work there everyday) but I now live 20 mins down the road in Carnforth

8. Kelza

I hear you rob and im not far from there ,we are audi nuts in the lakes :)

9. s3_sid

s3_sid Active Member

im based in good old kendal !! got a nice sprint blue s3 normally seen abiding the rules of the road ...

10. Kelza

Hi sid yeah seen your car a few times :)

11. s3_sid

s3_sid Active Member

yeah only had the car just over 2 months its been of the road since last weekend as i ended up putting a new engine in it !

12. Kelza

New engine wow ,seen a blue s3 few months ago near the chinese restaurant ;)

13. s3_sid

s3_sid Active Member

well not new new but 39k head and block cleaned all up rebuilt every gasket pickup pipes ect ,could have been me when i first got it i parked near new thai in kendal mines a pre facelift with the big recaro buckets in on a 57 plate with all the bells a whistles :wub:

the only thing it needs now is a bit of paint as someone has very nicely gone down one side of it with a key !! :gun2:

14. Kelza

Got a few pictures somewhere :) ohh just watch m&s car park as i got a nice mark on my passenger door and no camera seen it :( who does the work on your car ,yourself?