1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sourcing options for sai delete.

Stutibs May 23, 2013

1. Stutibs

Stutibs Member

Hi all me again.
    I fancy doing the sai and etc delete on my a3 1.8t aum engine. What I was wondering is where is best to get all the bits I need as I will be doing that and a front mounted intercooler all at the same time.
    Many thanks for any help given

2. 16Klappe

16Klappe I <3 Panda's! Supporter

Phone Niki at R-Tech, he can send you out a pack with the blanking plate and a nicely packaged resistor which probably won't be necessary.

01455 617233

Tell him Jardo sent you.

3. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

4. 16Klappe

[rant]Almost 50% more expensive and doesn't include a resistor.

I refuse to pay Mr Forge's mortgage, their prices for things things like that which cost pence to make is laughable. Whilst they might sponsor a **** load of motorsport and seem charitable on the face of it we as a consumer are more than subsidising that in the over inflated cost of everything they sell.

They don't even do club discounts anymore, for any of the sites I frequent. [/rant]

:beerchug:

superkarl likes this.
  5. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

Lmao chill out dude and grab a beer :beerchug:
    I was just giving the OP an alternative as some of us are brand whores :whistle2:

True though, it's over priced but a resistor shouldn't be needed. I don't think I have one on mine and Bill disconnected it; didn't have time to fully take the system out on the day.

16Klappe likes this.
  6. Stutibs

Stutibs Member

Thanks guys will ring him today looking forward to tidying it all up!

7. Stutibs

Stutibs Member

Rang them and ordered one good times. Where is the best place to get the resistors?

8. 16Klappe

You probably won't need one. But Maplins sell them.

9. Stutibs

Stutibs Member

Ok cool thanks mate

10. Stuart35205

Stuart35205 Member

Hi mate I did this not so long ago and it's really easy to do following the how too's , if your never going to refit sai then if you bend the bracket back & forth with big grips it will snap then the pump just drop out , then removing the bracket is easy. Plus marlin do do the resistor recommended in the guide you will have to get a slightly larger resistance one or order it .

11. Stutibs

Stutibs Member

Cool cheers. So is literally all I need is resistors and blanking plate? Then follow the guide?

12. Blackcupraa

Blackcupraa Member Team Ibis VCDS Map User Audi S3

Yup, easy peasy, except for getting the SAI pump out :(