1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOUNDPROOFING

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by miw615, Mar 22, 2013.

1. miw615

miw615 Member

[Mar 22, 2013]
    Anybody got any tips or done any additional soundfroofing to their A3. My problem is I have been use to driving a big Merc and you just dont feel / hear a thing.

I know the A3 is a "different kettle of fish" , but any advise / input would be much appreciated
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. _G_

_G_ Member

[Mar 22, 2013]
    well going back to my boy racer days... when I swapped out the speakers in a vw polo 6n for components... I used dynamat... but i noticed something special about it... it actually reduced road noise by quite a bit... and I shoved extra dynamat behind the glove box too...

under the bonnet... i brought a thick piece of fire proof sound deadening (also helps to keep moisture off engine components)... cannot remember which site from but i had a mechanic rivet it on... why did i do this? my tappets were knackered and this masked the problem and me feel good as a little boy racer...

side thought... and I am no expert on this but I wonder if it would be possible... to change the engine mounts to lessen the vibration..may be some kind of flexible engine mount pieces?

Read something about active vibration control a few years ago... think it is where the engine sounds are taken into a microphone or something and directed elsewhere but i may be talking out my bum on that one.
  4. miw615

miw615 Member

[Mar 22, 2013]
    Interesting comments, thanks - I was wondering if there may be a "ready made" kit for the A3

Cheers

Malcolm