1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound on acceleration - is this normal?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_bantam1, Aug 25, 2004.

1. imported_bantam1

imported_bantam1 Guest

[Aug 25, 2004]
    Forgive me if this is an imbecilic question as I have only had my S3 for a week and a half and the only thing I know about engines is that they can be found under the bonnet.

I have noticed what I can only very poorly describe as a faint whooshing noise on acceleration which seems to be more noticeable at lower revs as far as I can tell. Is this normal on an S3?

Any answers gratefully received.

Cheers,

B1.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 22, 2014]

3. S3_MCD

S3_MCD Member

[Aug 25, 2004]
    that will be the turbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  4. imported_Rooney

imported_Rooney Guest

[Aug 25, 2004]
    With the windows closed and stereo down, you should hear it as if it was coming form the glove box.

Windows open you can it it wind up!

Completly normal!
  5. imported_bantam1

imported_bantam1 Guest

[Aug 25, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    S3_MCD said:

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif told you it might be an imbecilic question!

If anyone needs any technical advice they obviously know who to ask now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  6. S3_MCD

S3_MCD Member

[Aug 25, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    bantam1 said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    S3_MCD said:

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif told you it might be an imbecilic question!

If anyone needs any technical advice they obviously know who to ask now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

...... soz, couldnt resist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    nothing like a silly question here, better to ask and be sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif enjoy the new car