1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Bars

Discussion in 'Home Cinema, Hi-Fi and Gadgets' started by JingleJangle, Dec 12, 2013.

1. JingleJangle

JingleJangle Active Member

[Dec 12, 2013]
    Any one ever had one? been considering buying one for my Samsung TV but dont know if its really worth it.I watch alot of films from my laptop plugged in via HDMI cable to my TV but the tv speakers dont seem upto scratch.Just want to see peoples opinions on them and if they are worth having
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. Skandz

Skandz Member

[Dec 15, 2013]
    Love to get some opinions on this 2... mainly music or films on the TV - just wondering whether a soundbar would be up for the job or if i need to spend a little more on something else
  4. TwedA4

TwedA4 Member

[Dec 23, 2013]
    we've just bought a new samsung TV and we went for a 310 watt sound bar with it too. we were playing with the different options in currys and the sound from them is quite impressive! we watch alot of films and stuff and it really does make it alot better and more enjoyable. you'll be wondering why you've been without better speakers for so long!

as the TV's get thinner nowadays, the speakers/sound quality doesnt improve... :?
  5. Bazmanuk

Bazmanuk New Member

[Jan 14, 2014]
    Just bought the JBL SB400 which is by far and above the best sound bar for under £500.
    Richer sounds have it on offer @ £250 so well worth a buy. Loads of connectivity and the sound is truly unparalleled!!
  6. losirob

losirob Member

[Jan 14, 2014]
    I have just bought/fitted a Samsung soundbar , I was £150 ish & I am very pleased with the sound & was very easy to fit
  7. ChallonaTTer

ChallonaTTer Member

[Jan 17, 2014]
    I would second the JBL SB400...this has been given excellent reviews and would be my first choice as well,especially at this price.
    Alas...the layout of our livingroom makes it difficult to place the subwoofer in a discreet place , so tomorrow it's off to Richer Sounds to purchase the Yamaha YAS 101 soundbar which also has good reviews and is priced at £149.
    Nick.
  8. ScottishS3

ScottishS3 Well-Known Member

[Apr 9, 2014]
    I have a Samsung Smart TV mounted on the bedroom wall and it's also lacking in the sound department. I was thinking of getting a wireless samsung soundbar to mount on the bed headboard. Can soundbars be placed behind the viewer?

Also do you need to have a subwoofer for them? I have seen refurbished ones on eBay cheap but without the subwoofer.
  9. ScottishS3

ScottishS3 Well-Known Member

[Apr 26, 2014]
    Anybody?
  10. Bazmanuk

Bazmanuk New Member

[Apr 26, 2014]
    You don't need to have a sub. ( but I would deffo get one as the bars themselves tend to lack in the bass department.) they are great for mid and highs but not so much of the lows.
    And yes it can be mounted behind should be too much of an issue.
  11. Veneeringman

Veneeringman Bazinga VCDS Map User

[Apr 29, 2014]
    I've been looking at the Sonos playbar as I already have a Sonos speaker for streaming music and it's great.

The beauty about the Sonos is you can expand the system with more speakers and a sub woofer.
  12. s3ajy

s3ajy Member

[May 6, 2014]
    I have the sonos soundbar....masivly impressive (even without the sub) and as mention to way you expand your system is awesome....albeit a little expensive.

Saving up just now to get the Sonos sub and 2 no play 1's for the rear speakers.
  13. TomL83

TomL83 Member

[Aug 10, 2014]
    I'm looking at getting a Samsung HW H550 sound bar for my samsung smart tv. Anyone got one?