1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry xbox time to leave ....

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by RobbieWebs, Jun 15, 2013.

1. RobbieWebs

RobbieWebs Active Member

[Jun 15, 2013]
    Well after reading both sides of Xbox one and PS4 I'm taking the plunge and preording the PS4.
    Iv had an Xbox since the first one and had many heated debates and iv always said xbox all the way.
    3 things put me off xbox one ... It's got bigger ,and that bloody kinect I need to plug in so it can load up my avatar and such. And u have to pay for the kinect hence how expensive it is!
    Does anyone else just think I want to play games on a faster machine than the one i got,not faff around with this?
    Surely like everything else the more advanced technology gets its supposed to get smaller....
    Pics of the Xbox one looks the size of a Betamax c7...
    Sorry but I'm turning to the dark side :)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. munchkincoupe

munchkincoupe Member

[Jun 16, 2013]
    Never mind all that - why are we paying £429 when it is $499 in the US ?!?

Direct conversion to sterling should be £318 ?!?! wtf!
  4. Chris-Vspec

Chris-Vspec Member

[Jun 16, 2013]
    I have pre ordered the xbox one, the kinect comes with the package price so understand its gonna be expensive but you will be able to do so much with it. I personally dont think the finally release price will be so much as microsoft will need to compete with the PS4 and will almost certainly contain one of the release titles most likely forza within the price which again looks far superior than anything the PS4 has announced.

And IMO xbox live is much better than the playstation network.

Dont do it change your preorder!!
  5. RobbieWebs

RobbieWebs Active Member

[Jun 16, 2013]
    I agree xbox live is miles better than psn but we are paying for that.
    It's the kinect that's the main thing putting me off, I don't want that contraption in my living room so that's me kinda stumped :)
    It's costing more because ur paying for the kinect, unlike Sony that give u the move for free.
    I only play cod,s and gears of war so really I don't need their media centre.
    I think Microsoft need to listen as they are going to loose a lot of customers!
  6. MBK

MBK Active Member

[Jun 16, 2013]
    I'm staying with Xbox One, Forza 5 alone sells it for me - just hoping my Fanatec wheel will work or that is going to be pricey. As already discussed Xbox live is the best of the online services.

After seeing E3 I've decided to preorder a PS4 too but if it was a choice I'd still choose Xbox.
  7. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 16, 2013]
    I have been an Xbox customer for a while but they are gone,the monopoly on games is a bridge too far imho
    PS4 is the way forward
  8. Chris-Vspec

Chris-Vspec Member

[Jun 16, 2013]
    You don't have to use the kinect but can understand your frustration in having to pay for it when it's something you won't use.

I had the old kinect and couldn't stand it so sold it on, I'm hoping this one will be better and more useable without having to have half an acre for a lounge!!
  9. RobbieWebs

RobbieWebs Active Member

[Jun 16, 2013]
    That's what I mean I have turtle beach headphones that cost me 129 quid. Useless now as they won't fit so I'd have to buy another pair. U don't even get a headset stated with the Xbox one.
    Wouldn't be so bad if they turned round and said existing customers can trade in their own xbox 360 for money off!
    Sorry but as much as I love my xbox and Xbox live it seems its a take it or leave it!
    voorhees likes this.
  10. Chris-Vspec

Chris-Vspec Member

[Jun 16, 2013]
    Our local game is giving a guaranteed £110 trade in for the new console on the old one
  11. RobbieWebs

RobbieWebs Active Member

[Jun 16, 2013]
    Well that's something at least, we have a game local here. I might ask if I get 110 quid off to trade in the Xbox for a ps4 lol.
    U think this will apply?
  12. itruk

itruk Member

[Jun 16, 2013]
    I see Sony playing the same game this time round as with the PS2.
    Opening up to allow devs to create games without all the hassle that MS is forcing (have to sign up to publishing rights etc).

With this in hand, we could have the huge game library that we had with the PS2.

I'm in no rush really to preorder as I've got quite the backlog of games and then GTA and Watchdogs is out later...!

Also the size of the PS4 is aseptically pleasing over the Xbone.

[​IMG]
  13. Alex C

Alex C Well-Known Member

[Jun 17, 2013]
    Microsoft News | Microsoft Engineer Defends Xbox One DRM Requirements, Makes Valid Points

14. Chris-Vspec

Chris-Vspec Member

[Jun 18, 2013]
    got to be worth a go
  15. boost-addict

boost-addict Member

[Jun 18, 2013]
    do people know that the kinect has to be connected or the console wont work

also how many people are going to actually want to use it.

just the specs alone, and the restrictions make me want to choose the ps4. i have a 360 atm but sorry i dont like the moves the xb1 has made and also the fact the ps4 is more powerful
  16. Alex C

Alex C Well-Known Member

[Jun 19, 2013]
  17. itruk

itruk Member

[Jun 20, 2013]
    But we've lost what sounded like a really good feature, family sharing of games to up to ten people.

Also, If MS can change their mind on this DRM, used game,region policy now. What's to say they won't reverse their stance in a year's time?
  18. boost-addict

boost-addict Member

[Jun 20, 2013]
    lol, clearly they saw there pre order figures going down the drain,
    problem is enough time has past for the xbone to fail.

i still am choosing the ps4 just because it has a faster ram, more cpu units which means things like rendering shadows and lighting will be much better, and also thinking to the future the developers will have more to play with
  19. Alex C

Alex C Well-Known Member

[Jun 20, 2013]
  20. boost-addict

boost-addict Member

[Jun 20, 2013]
    did you hear there also renaming the console Xbox One80
  21. Mikemc

Mikemc Active Member

[Jun 20, 2013]
    Don't talk ****. The ps4 will hit a brick wall within a year, Xbox one will exceed in the long run
  22. Chris-Vspec

Chris-Vspec Member

[Jun 20, 2013]
    +1
  23. Gaz!

Gaz! Member

[Jun 20, 2013]

Pfft, no chance. The playstation range it better all round then the X box.
  24. jacko_162

jacko_162 New Member

[Jun 20, 2013]
    i see what you did there... :)
  25. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jun 20, 2013]
    Arent the ps4's all dying with software updates? rrod springs to mind, glad i dont play games on a console lol
  26. Mikemc

Mikemc Active Member

[Jun 20, 2013]
    The Xbox is open for constant improvement, I still think they should of stuck to there guns. Times are moving on. In 10 years times people will be thinking why did we ever use discs. Everything nowadays is available over the Internet thus cutting costs on games, movies etc. Steam on the PC started off not so great but look at it now, that Is what Xbox was trying to replicate.

And have you ever heard of people's accounts being hacked for payment details in Xbox, no? Ok.
  27. Mikemc

Mikemc Active Member

[Jun 20, 2013]
    It's a ps3 firmware update that bricks it.

The RRoD has been sorted now and I believe a lot more ps3's failed somehow. I know the disc drive is a common one for the Ps3, although the new style Xbox seems to have that issue.

I guess it's all down to personal preferences at the end of the day, I won't be buying either til prices drop and will more than likely go for an Xbox.

Plus the Xbox has the right designed pads!
  28. Chris-Vspec

Chris-Vspec Member

[Jun 20, 2013]
    I've pre ordered the new Xbox and currently use both ps3 and Xbox 360 and IMO the Xbox has always been a superior machine and I personally prefer the Xbox interface and I am confident the machine will be amazing.

I know there are things that will need tweaked and changed but I'm sure the PS4 will have some teething issues too.
  29. RobbieWebs

RobbieWebs Active Member

[Jun 21, 2013]
  30. Benisere

Benisere Member

[Jun 29, 2013]
    Stick with ps4, admittedly I'm very brand loyal and love my ps3 gaming and bluray capabilities! Both machines will be almost identical with graphics specs as with 360 and ps3. ( ps4 has a very slight advantage) The reason x1 really lost it for me is overall cost playing online will be more expensive, they wanted to rip consumers off (granted they have back tracked on this) but it was still their intention and once they hav everyone's money they may switch back, remember this is Microsoft. The unit is more expensive to buy and also ps4 users get Netflix for free which if that makes it to launch your something like £22 up each year!

But essentially as others have said down to personal preference! Enjoy either one you get. I had a little sex wee over bf4 (massive massive bf3 fan) but Tom clancys the division looks awesome!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372536088.705194.jpg
  31. Dean_T

Dean_T Active Member

[Jun 29, 2013]
    An element of that will be tax (vat), US states have different tax rates, hence prices quoted in $ are excl. tax
  32. Alex C

Alex C Well-Known Member

[Jul 15, 2013]
  33. RobbieWebs

RobbieWebs Active Member

[Jul 15, 2013]
    Microsoft can do whatever they want its nothing about listening to the masses as they know they will still sell it.
    In this day and age when technology is far superior and everything gets more compact, I'm still put off with buying a bigger machine than my current xbox.
    Well I'm going to wait until after Xmas till the hype is over and decide then but going by price and spec PS4 is still looking favourite ;)