Sorry for ANOTHER MFSW question but.....

Pricy

Reaction score
I'm wanting to change my wheel to an MFSW. You'll breath a sigh of relief that I've done some searching and know that I need a new Steering CU and a new cable for the wheel internals.

As my car is a 2007 model I've been led to believe that I don't need a new slip ring? If someone could confirm this that would be fantastic.

The main question is, as I want to use my existing air bag from my 4-spoke wheel. How many different types of 4-spoke MFSWs are there? A lot of the threads on upgrading wheels are on 3-spokes and I've found that there are many types. Is this the case for 4-spokes?

Also if anyone has a 4-spoke MFSW gathering dust let me know either on PM or in my wanted thread in the classifieds.

Cheers

Think itwasntme187, dannykn9 and brodster have mfsw for sale in classifieds. :) x

Last edited:
TBH its more than likely its got the correct slip ring, but only a visual check would be the 100% dead cert.

I have steering cu's available if interested.

TBH I only know of one type, but you idealling need to check the airbag underside to see if the 4 spoke followed the 3 spoke with 2 types of fitment.

Think itwasntme187, dannykn9 and brodster have mfsw for sale in classifieds. :) x

Can't find any 4 spoke ones in classifieds, I missed out on one on ebay a couple of days ago that went for £5.50. DEVASTATED

TBH its more than likely its got the correct slip ring, but only a visual check would be the 100% dead cert.

I have steering cu's available if interested.

TBH I only know of one type, but you idealling need to check the airbag underside to see if the 4 spoke followed the 3 spoke with 2 types of fitment.

Fantastic thanks NHN, I'll pull the wheel apart when I get a chance this weekend and post back

Hi mate,

just had a look for you on ebay and this is the only one i found: AUDI A4 LEATHER MULTIFUNCTION STEERING WHEEL 2008-2011 | eBay

unfortunately i know of the sellers and they probably wont budge on price

its a shame you missed that 1 for £5.50, thats the bargain of the century!

As Nigel says your current slip ring will more than likely be the right one as you have a 2007 car. the loom for the MF buttons and airbag would cost your around £40 from dealers but you may get lucky and find a wheel with the loom attached. In fact just thinking about it i may still have a loom lying around so i will have a look and get back to you.

those 4 spoke ones come up on ebay now and then but dont sell very often so you may find yourself another bargain.
Also as you are 'up north' try asking Johnny (jobo) as he is up north too (not sure how far from you) and is very experienced with this install if you need a hand installing it